Pro 95 Recieve issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Para078

I've got a Pro 95 that has a problem. It receives weather channels perfectly. It's deaf as far as anything else. Antenna connection is solid.

Is it repairable since its an old radio?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What do you plan to listen to with the PRO-95?
The Repair price plus shipping is going to be well over $100. For that kinda money you could buy a new Whistler Analog for just a few dollars more.

Arkmood

Consider using the unfiltered audio on the 95 - had identical issue with 93 same radio < channels, modded it (extremely easy tp4 sticks straight up) for discrm.tap - uhf/800mhz bands worked well with issue.

Para078

What do you plan to listen to with the PRO-95?
The Repair price plus shipping is going to be well over $100. For that kinda money you could buy a new Whistler Analog for just a few dollars more.
I was gonna use it for a backup at races and local analog traffic.
Probably gonna junk it and get my BC 346 fixed. All it needs is the volume/menu switch replaced.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I've got a Pro 95 that has a problem. It receives weather channels perfectly. It's deaf as far as anything else. Antenna connection is solid.
I wonder what you mean by "antenna connection is solid". Do you mean that you opened up the radio and measured the connection from the BNC connector to the PCB with an ohm meter? This is a common failure of that model because wiggling of the antenna over time breaks that connection.

You say weather comes in perfectly. There are 7 weather frequencies. When my radios are working perfectly I receive signals on 5 or 6 of the frequencies (because of where I am in Northern California). I can receive the closest signal with virtually no antenna. So your antenna connection might not be as solid as it should be and weather still "works" (for you). If weather works, VHF high band must work. This doesn't seem like a major issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.