Pro 95 vs Vineland PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFEL1972

I have possibly an insane question … I have found within my boxes a pro 95 I forgot I even had from when I moved many years ago … I put some batteries into it and to my surprise … it works phenomenally … except now I can’t here the Vineland NJ PD … I am able to hear everything else with no issues except for any frequency on the 800 MHz … any input would be grateful … or if someone can point me in the right direction to fix this if it’s fixable I’d be much appreciative … thank you in advance 😁

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
… except now I can’t here the Vineland NJ PD … I am able to hear everything else with no issues except for any frequency on the 800 MHz … any input would be grateful … or if someone can point me in the right direction to fix this if it’s fixable I’d be much appreciative … thank you in advance 😁
Well, Vineland PD is on 800MHz. So you need to explain that issue a little better.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I have possibly an insane question … I have found within my boxes a pro 95 I forgot I even had from when I moved many years ago … I put some batteries into it and to my surprise … it works phenomenally … except now I can’t here the Vineland NJ PD … I am able to hear everything else with no issues except for any frequency on the 800 MHz … any input would be grateful … or if someone can point me in the right direction to fix this if it’s fixable I’d be much appreciative … thank you in advance 😁
You're trying to listen from within Vineland?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
So judging by the database

It's a moto type ii trunking system with analog voice. However it appears that it was last updated January 2013. Good chance something has changed. I would start by doing a band scan in the 800mhz range and see if you can find a control channel and go from there.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So judging by the database

It's a moto type ii trunking system with analog voice. However it appears that it was last updated January 2013. Good chance something has changed. I would start by doing a band scan in the 800mhz range and see if you can find a control channel and go from there.
Good point. I can confirm that the database is sufficiently accurate (channel frequencies and even talkgroups) to be able to hear it. I have heard it within the past week and will test it out later today. I am located about 15 miles north of Vineland but occasionally travel into Vineland.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Database also shows its a simulcast system. While this older type system isn't the same as the simulcast issues that plague newer p25 systems, there could still be an issue. You may be getting poor control channel decode resulting in the scanner not knowing what voice channel to move to. You can try programming all the voice channels in a conventional scan list and seeing if you hear traffic. This would tell you that you are in fact receiving a signal from the system. Not much help but perhaps something else to try.

JFEL1972

Thank You everyone for the input and advice … I will be trying the 800 band search … again thank you… I’ll advise if any luck …

JFEL1972

Well, Vineland PD is on 800MHz. So you need to explain that issue a little better.

i had it already programmed to the channels for Vld PD … and it use to work … just recently … i put batteries and turned it on again… it scans uhf and vhf … with no issues … but when Vld PD talks … my sds100 locks in on it … but the pro -95 doesn’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

FedFyrGuy

Premium Subscriber
Even if rebanded, the frequencies/channels being used would not be affected.
OP indicates he can not hear the trunked Vineland PD channels on 800, but can hear other channels he has programmed (assuming non-trunked) which reflects the inability of the scanner to properly trunk track since rebanding. However, if he programs in conventional 800Mhz frequencies that are not trunked and still cannot receive - that indicates another issue.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I tend to focus on what would have changed over time. It sounds like the desired system has not. The other thing that comes to mind is that in the PRO-95 you have to select Trunking" in the bank. If set to conventional it won't work as desired.

JFEL1972

Sorry for lapse in response … had a family emergency … but … I have a sds100 and a 436 and I’m able to pick up Nj state police and Vineland police with no issues .. in use to with my pro-95 … but as stated … I put it up when I got my bct-15 … and just recently found it … was going to give to my son … but it’s not picking up Vinrland PD … 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.