Pro-95

Status
Not open for further replies.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
My Pro-95 went deaf after about 6 years...:-( What to do with it? It has like a ringing noise on conventional freqs and sounds like its receiving but very weak..

Gus

Last edited:

K4APR

Have you called RS to see if repair still supports them? That is the only thing I can think of other than obvious, check for good batteries. Is it being used mobile? If so, are you using power from the car? Might be engine noise getting in.

Just a few ideas.

SCPD

QRT
gus426 Sorry to hear about your pro95..I see you have been using it for 6 yrs, so I would like to know somethings about a pro95 as I just came onto owning a new looking one, question is "scanning the pro93/95, extended ranges", is it possible to fill the gap with uhf military frequencies? I am not good at understanding most of the info I found Thanks Bob

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
My Pro-95 went deaf after about 6 years...:-( What to do with it? It has like a ringing noise on conventional freqs and sounds like its receiving but very weak..
A common problem with many of these hand-held scanners is that the BNC antenna connector fails or the wire going from it to the radio PCB breaks. The connectors fail after removing the antenna many times.

I had an ad in the Wanted section here recently, looking for a PRO-93/95 that I can use for parts. The most important component I need is the LCD from one. So if you are interested in selling, please PM me with how much you want.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
Have you called RS to see if repair still supports them? That is the only thing I can think of other than obvious, check for good batteries. Is it being used mobile? If so, are you using power from the car? Might be engine noise getting in.

Just a few ideas.

No i haven't called RS about any repairs not sure if i want to do that. The batteries are good just recharged them and they work in another scanner. its been sitting on a counter for a couple of years but doesn't get used all the time not being used in a car. I have a Uniden BC245XLT that receives just fine right next to it. I remember when I first bought this one I had to replace withing a month for the same problem..

Thanks

Gus

Thanks for your response

gus426

Premium Subscriber
gus426 Sorry to hear about your pro95..I see you have been using it for 6 yrs, so I would like to know somethings about a pro95 as I just came onto owning a new looking one, question is "scanning the pro93/95, extended ranges", is it possible to fill the gap with uhf military frequencies? I am not good at understanding most of the info I found Thanks Bob

I have never done that with this scanner but I have heard of people doing that but I heard it didn't work very well also you have to do that via software I use a RS PRO-97 for MilAir..

Gus

gus426

Premium Subscriber
A common problem with many of these hand-held scanners is that the BNC antenna connector fails or the wire going from it to the radio PCB breaks. The connectors fail after removing the antenna many times.

I had an ad in the Wanted section here recently, looking for a PRO-93/95 that I can use for parts. The most important component I need is the LCD from one. So if you are interested in selling, please PM me with how much you want.

I very rarely removed the antenna its been sitting in the same spot for a couple of years unmoved I know its still possible that could be the case I may try to open it up and see I had that problem with a Uniden BC200XLT a while back. I'm not sure if I am going to sell it for parts quite yet but if I do I will PM you. LCD works!

Thanks for your response
Gus

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Go ask in the Tenn. forum, hulio. You're much more likely to get a definitive answer there. 73 Mike

13riverking

Gus

I have a pro95 that you have to give the left side a good hard slap after you turn it on, after that it works fine, never opened it to find the short, probable wont until it completly fails

Status
Not open for further replies.