PRO-96/2096 - Bug with digital talkgroups above 30000

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
I have run into a bug on analog/digital mixed systems where digital talkgroups above 30000 or so occasionally get bleedover from analog talkgroups. It happens on both the PRO-96 and PRO-2096.

Here is what happens when I monitor the San Diego County RCS (freqs in the 866-868 range)

I'll be monitoring a digital talkgroups (35552 for example) and every once in a while after a unit stops transmitting, I'll get some type of bleedover from an analog talkgroup (19696 in this example). After the analog transmission is done on 19696, the scanner seems to behave normally and goes back to picking up transmissions from the digital talkgroup. At first, I thought it was my PRO-96, but the same thing happens on the PRO-2096.

I also found this happens when I monitor the Orange County CCCS (freqs mostly in the 857-861 range) when the scanner is parked on the RED Channel (50720), so the problem doesn't appear to be system related.

Is there a way to resolve this issue. It drives me nuts especially during pursuits where all the sudden I get bleedover from the city buses in the middle of it.

LarrySC

This has been reported to be Tooooo Strongggggggg a signal [controller] Could it be that you are using an outside antenna. Maybe a LARGE antenna. Could you be in line of sight of the 800 tower you monitor???? I can see clearly the towers on Paris Mtn above my house. Lots of VHF/UHF/800 on those towers. What I do is use a 3" 1/4 wave 800 duck on my 96 for ALL freqs. My 2096 base is PGM'ed for 10 banks of 800 only [analog and digital] It also has a 3" duck for the base antenna. When 800 is overloaded for one system it can very well receive systems it is NOT pgm'ed for. Good Luck.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
This is common with the RCS. Could be bleedover but I've actually seen audio routing issues due to some problem with the system.

-Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.