PRO-96/2096 Initializes before PRO-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

txsrdking

Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO-96, PRO-2096 and a PRO-197 programmed the same. I used WIN96 and WIN500 respectfully for programming. PROBLEM I'm trying to solve is that the PRO-96/2096 will initialize a transmission about 1 second before the PRO-197 will pick up the same transmission. I have squelch knobs on all three radios set sensative right above threshold. Even when locked on a frequency, i get the same results (PRO-197 is still 1/2 to 1 second behind) and will miss the beginning words of the transmission.
Example transmission: PRO-96 (ECHO 41, 7X at 635 and Midway)
Example transmission: PRO-197 ( , 7X at 635 and Midway)
Hope I'm clear on my description. Any Thoughts? Thanks!

CycleSycho

I have a PRO-96, PRO-2096 and a PRO-197 programmed the same. I used WIN96 and WIN500 respectfully for programming. PROBLEM I'm trying to solve is that the PRO-96/2096 will initialize a transmission about 1 second before the PRO-197 will pick up the same transmission. I have squelch knobs on all three radios set sensative right above threshold. Even when locked on a frequency, i get the same results (PRO-197 is still 1/2 to 1 second behind) and will miss the beginning words of the transmission.
Example transmission: PRO-96 (ECHO 41, 7X at 635 and Midway)
Example transmission: PRO-197 ( , 7X at 635 and Midway)
Hope I'm clear on my description. Any Thoughts? Thanks!

:confused: Have you tried switching antennas? Is it possible the center pin on the connector inside the radio broke (bad connection)? Hope you find it is this simple, good luck. :confused:

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Is what you're monitoring digital or analog? If analog, check your squelch mode setting on the 197... if it's set to Search, it takes a second for it to determine if there's a PL, if the PL is CTCSS or DCS, and what the tone or code is. Try setting the squelch mode to None, or if you know the PL program that; either will eliminate the delay.

txsrdking

Premium Subscriber
Problem Solved!

Thank you K9DAK Problem was the "Squelch Mode" as you suggested. Setting to "None" did not fix the problem but following your guidance, I figured out how to program the exact CTCSS and DCS PL codes. Works like a charm! Great Job and thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.