Pro-96 400 mhz question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow357

I have a system that I am having trouble with and maybe someone out there can help. I have a feeling that I am very close but missing something simple.

Attached is the tower info from pro96com that was generated from the system. I can pick up the towers in fm mode only (with voice) In motorola mode and truncked it will id the talkgroups but no voice.
Settings on the scanner (pro-96) are as follows
trunked mode
each channel in motorola mode
460.100 base
12.5 step
380 offset
table 9600

with these settings it will id the talkgroups but no voice

settings that get voice are as follows
no-trunked
fm mode on the channels
460.base
12.5 step
380 offset
table 9600

ANy ideas would be helpful

Thkx

Attachments

• Tower0106.txt
    1 KB · Views: 159
  • TalkGroups.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Tower0107.txt
    942 bytes · Views: 154

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the info provided, it looks like the right settings would be:

Base Freq: 406.1000
Offset: 8192
Step: 12.50

shadow357

Do I need to set the tables up in the scanner or leave them as they are? Still not trunking correctly but it will come eventually.

Phil

kikito

Premium Subscriber
After you enter the Table info by pressing Func + 2, then you need to press Func + 4 and set it to "Table". Since there's only one Table used, everything should be able to be set through the scanner.

P.S. Don't forget to set all the frequencies in the bank to "MO".

shadow357

Ok with the settings you provided it is receiving with voice now BUT now instead of talk groups it just has a blank on line 4. I thought I read somewhere here in the past that the banks had to be named a certain way to work, Im not sure if it was concerning this or not but just in case I named one bank 106 and the other 107.
I hate this thing beating my hiney like this and having to be "spoon fed" but as you can see by what Ive tried I am at a loss and maybe this will help someone else.
I also remember seeing a post that talked about the offset formula but cant seem to find it right now. how did you come across the 8192 for the offset, I knows its a simple math problem.

Phil

shadow357

Ok my bad on the settings.
I forgot to press "enter" after setting the mode to "table". All is working now . Thanks for the help.
BTW this is the ft. jackson ,sc radios . I have the talkgroups here logged if anyone needs them.
Also its locking on to the talkgroups but not id'ing them with the exception of the one that I did name. Do I have to name them to show the talkgroups on line 4 or am I still off by a hair on something?

Phil

Last edited:

kikito

Premium Subscriber
shadow357 said:
I thought I read somewhere here in the past that the banks had to be named a certain way to work, Im not sure if it was concerning this or not but just in case I named one bank 106 and the other 107.

You can also name each control channel to what you want and everytime you get a transmission, it'll show that tag.

how did you come across the 8192 for the offset, I knows its a simple math problem.

To make a long story short, on P25 systems there's a total of 16 "virtual" tables. The Pro-96 recognizes each table in 4,096 chunks starting at 0.

With the info you provided, it showed that the system is using only Table 02, which is the number preceeding each voice frequency in the text file provided.

So going by that you go in ascending order:

Table 00 - Offset 0
Table 01 - Offset 4096
Table 02 - Offset 8192

and so on......

It gets just a bit more complex when the system uses more than one table since now you have to use software to program the scanner with multiple tables and set the "CH Lo" and CH Hi" values, etc.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
shadow357 said:
Also its locking on to the talkgroups but not id'ing them with the exception of the one that I did name. Do I have to name them to show the talkgroups on line 4 or am I still off by a hair on something?

Yes, you will have to program the tags for each talkgroup yourself.

You will see the talkgroups displayed in decimal format like MOT: 439 or MOT: 536 when they don't have an alpha-tag programmed.

shadow357

kikito said:
Yes, you will have to program the tags for each talkgroup yourself.

You will see the talkgroups displayed in decimal format like MOT: 439 or MOT: 536 when they don't have an alpha-tag programmed.

Got ya, apparently there are a few radios that are not affiliated on this system that are digital but do not have talkgroup id's. Why I dont know but the talkgroups that I did program in are showing and only one radio out of the bunch isnt for roght now. Im about 35 miles from the towers but its still picking up fine. I will have more knowledge of whos who during this week as I will be basically on top of the towers and be able to figure them out.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.