Pro-96 4th line Display question

Status
Not open for further replies.

consigliori

Just picked up an Pro-96.

On my old Pro-97, the 4th line of the display would display the bank tag of the active bank(s) that were being scanned. On the Pro-96 the 4th line is blank while scanning and the bank tag only displays when a signal is received.

I searched to see if this had been asked in the past but couldn't find matching post. Perhaps my ability to search the forum is only as good as my ability to program my scanners display :0

Thanks in advance for any advice!

hfxChris

Database Admin
I believe you are correct, my Pro-96 also has a blank 4th line while it's scanning, where as like you my Pro-97 displays the alpha tag of the bank it is currently scanning. I believe it's by design.

consigliori

Thanks hfx Chris for the confirmation. It makes you wonder why they would take away that ability since that line is not being used for anything during scan mode anyway?

Sounds like software - It's not a bug - It's a Feature!

N8IAA

Thanks hfx Chris for the confirmation. It makes you wonder why they would take away that ability since that line is not being used for anything during scan mode anyway?

Sounds like software - It's not a bug - It's a Feature!

The 96 was in production before the 97 even came out. The new PSR 500 has that feature.
Larry

consigliori

That would explain the difference between the 96 and the 97 display screens. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.