Pro-96: Able to lock-out talk group ID's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olex126

Hi Group.

I have been offered an as-new (10 hours listening time total) Pro-96 complete setup (radio, USB-programming cable, AC adapter, Battery packs, box,etc) for a great price. I have a BCD396T and run it on the Ontario Fleetnet system. (Southern Ontario). The Uniden has the ability to lock out talk-group ID's (I listen to OPP but NOT the ambulance chatter, and so it is a simple matter to lock out those ID's out when they show up in the scanning process).

Does anyone know if the Pro-96 has the same capability to lock out these talk-groups as the BCD396T, as I am not yet familiar with the programming characteristics of this radio?

Thanks. Regards.
Dave

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Yes just hit L/OUT (bottom middle button on the Pro-96) when those groups come up.
Or it can be done in software.. like the WIN96 software you program all the TG ID's and just click off the L/O column

Now the Pro-96 does not have the same talkgroup capacity as the 396 so on huge systems you may not be able to lock out everything (as it counts as 1 TG when you lockout).

But on Fleetnet you should be fine...

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Alternately, instead of locking out what you DON'T want simply select a bank, set it to 'Closed' mode and program in the talkgroups that you DO want. It will then ignore everything else. If the price is right go for it, I think you will be very happy with the Pro-96's digital audio quality.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Good point.. not sure where my mind was. Your right thats the easier solution

Alternately, instead of locking out what you DON'T want simply select a bank, set it to 'Closed' mode and program in the talkgroups that you DO want. It will then ignore everything else. If the price is right go for it, I think you will be very happy with the Pro-96's digital audio quality.

olex126

Hi Guys.
Thanks for the quick answers and suggestions...Looks like it will be a go for me to purchase then. BTW, the sale price was $200 Cdn, so I figured I can't go wrong.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.