PRO 96 adding/changing text

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukaradio

Is there any way to change the text on line 3? (Bell FleetNe)....It seems to just automatically populate to that text when downloading the whole system from here.
Line 4, the TGID I was able to change (Toronto 5F)
FYI....I am using ARC96 software program.

Attachments

• IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 746

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Stopping the scanner on the Control Channel, hitting "P" for program, then "text" allows you to punch in line 3 whatever you want in a Trunked system. That's how to do it manually. I don't use ARC96. I used Win96 long ago so I don't know how to change it on that. Changing it in the Control Channel changes it for all since it will show up for the entire trunked system.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I remembered how to change the Line-4 Welcome Screen Text too. You stop it anywhere on a channel using "man" then hit "program" "function" "text" you can use the buttons to type in anything on the Welcome Screen too *in Line 4.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
In ARC96 on the left side, just click on that bank, click 'Frequencies' and on the right, highlight under the 'Alpha tag' heading what you want to change, start typing away!
use the backspace if needed on the keyboard to delete what is there. Delete key wont work.
Of course save it. Then resend it to the scanner.
Be advised your limited to 12 characters across on the display.
If you redownload from here you will get that same text all over again. So if something changes on the database you can just manually add it to your personal file

IMO as I have had to truncate a lot to fit the 12 character limit on the 96/2096
Change the text and using the full 12 to
BellFleetNet or just leave it blank.

lukaradio

Yes got it changed to my liking.
And @Ronaldski....nice tip on using the backspace, I was wondering why its stupid that the delete key doesn`t work.

Status
Not open for further replies.