PRO-96 and lack of ICALL & STATUS BITS Feature..

Status
Not open for further replies.

walter900

Has anyone from here or from RS contacted GRE and actualy asked them why they heck they continue to (year after year) leave this worthy feature out of there top of the line HH's? I wonder if a firmware flash to the PRO-96 could add it in.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
The Pro96 cannot be firmware flashed, only upgrades to the DSP.

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
Hi All..This ticked me off. You pay $500.00 for a scanner thinking you'll be able to do iCall and then find out that you can't. I had to buy a BC246T to do what I wanted. Just a quick question. Do all talk groups use 700000 or i00000 for the iCalls or are there other numbers for different agencys? Cheers...Keithmj

InlandAZ

keithmj said:
Hi All..This ticked me off. You pay $500.00 for a scanner thinking you'll be able to do iCall and then find out that you can't.
That's why most folks generally do a little homework before they shell out the cash.

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
Like I said..For that amount of money you would think it would do them. I bought the scanner for the digital feature and found out about the iCalls later on when someone asked me if it did the iCalls..I didn't know what it was..Kinda like buying a Porsche and having someone ask if it has a Turbo when you didn't buy it for that feature. When it should for the price...I did my homework but couldn't afford the price of the BCD996T at that time, still can't but have the PRO 96 for that now..Never did answer the question I asked so I guess I'll just study some more...Cheers to All..Keithmj

rvawatch

keithmj said:
Like I said..For that amount of money you would think it would do them. I bought the scanner for the digital feature and found out about the iCalls later on when someone asked me if it did the iCalls..I didn't know what it was..Kinda like buying a Porsche and having someone ask if it has a Turbo when you didn't buy it for that feature. When it should for the price...I did my homework but couldn't afford the price of the BCD996T at that time, still can't but have the PRO 96 for that now..Never did answer the question I asked so I guess I'll just study some more...Cheers to All..Keithmj

thats because you only asked it an hour earlier....

and that it is not a radio shack feature and you are asking in a radio shack forum..

maybe..

JESSERABBIT

walter900 said:
Has anyone from here or from RS contacted GRE and actualy asked them why they heck they continue to (year after year) leave this worthy feature out of there top of the line HH's? I wonder if a firmware flash to the PRO-96 could add it in.

Answer to question is no. Question asked and answered. You may want to ask them yourself and start a thread on thier answer, if any. I am sure that almost all here would like it if you posted their answer. We wish you luck .

Status
Not open for further replies.