Pro-96 and P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffaznalz

Not sure whats going on with this unit (Boot F1.0)? My local LEO's switched to P25 (non-trunked) recently, Unit scanned freq's with no problems. Gradually it has stopped scanning the freq's or selective about which ones it locks on to while scanning. Tried reset....no joy.
Unless I stand on (manual) the freq. it won't receive transmissions.

Any insight?.....thanks

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought, have you turned off CTCSS/DCS? P-25 on the 96 needs to be FM. Could be with change to digital they decreased power.
Perhaps you can share what location and agency so othersd can better help.

mciupa

Database Admin
Just a thought, have you turned off CTCSS/DCS? P-25 on the 96 needs to be FM. Could be with change to digital they decreased power.
Perhaps you can share what location and agency so othersd can better help.

The location is Monroe County in New York State. (checked posting history)

I think your suggestion of changing the mode to FM from CTCSS is worthy as when the system was analog, the tones were in use.
fing32.gif

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
One more question.....Does the 96 have the ability to display the Unit ID's for non-trunked P25?
Only agency/town will display with the frequency.
While on the frequency manually press PGR>TEXT then text in agency for line 3 display. City/County will display on line 4 if text is entered for bank.

N8IAA

One more question.....Does the 96 have the ability to display the Unit ID's for non-trunked P25?

No. If you are talking about each personal radio ID. Software like Pro96com will allow you to see those. No, if you are referring to NAC's. These are digital PL's for P-25. The 106 will let you see the radio ID's and NAC's of the individual radios.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.