PRO 96 and VA STARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggDriver

Hello board. I live in Hampton and I've noticed lately that my PRO-96 is not tracking STARS as well as it once did. Has anything changed or is it time for another scanner. I used to listen to Division 1 as well as Division 5 but now I'm only getting very little traffic. Sometimes the dispatcher calls a trooper and I hear nothing then again I hear a trooper and only one side of the conversation. Any suggestions as this is getting very frustrating. Thank you in advance.

W4UVV

Multi-data stream packet signals reminder time again

I have posted this information previously in the past years since 2006 but it looks like it's that time again. No consumer grade digital scanner whether it is manufactured by GRE or Uniden can properly decode multi-data stream packet signals. The listening result is either no missed comms, partial and/or total missed comms. You also might experience similar missing comms on certain "pure" APCO25 trs, i.e. Petersburg. It is not a user setup issue. You have nothing wrong. Like other things in life once we know the truth we can deal with it.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
The wiki image is valid for setting needed extended trunking tables for 96/2096. GRE 500/600 & Pro 106/197 use the same tables but will auto set when scanner acquires a control frequency if P25 Auto is selected for TSYS Type.

My 500/600/197 very rarely misses coms on STARS.

Last edited:

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Same here have a Pro 106 and pro 197 very rarley misses anything.....modern technology is best used when it's abused LOL... now the pro96/2096 is a different story

Mike

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
I was having problems receiving STARS when I lived in Norfolk and using the Chesapeake site. I just moved to Portsmouth over the weekend and have noticed quite a significance in reception. I'm picking up every transmission and it comes in clearer than ever before.

Status
Not open for further replies.