PRO-96 - Austin/Travis and Williamson CO. Fire/EMS - Need Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojicaman

I just purchased the PRO-96 and I am very confused on how to program it to listen to Austin/Travis Co and Williamson Co Fire and EMS. I have been to the Frequency Database on RR and I have downloaded Win 96. I need the specific frequencies that are used for Fire and EMS, how to program them into the scanner, and how to scan the different talk groups. I have listened to Scan CenTex for a little over a year and I would like to have the same talkgroups on my scanner.

Any advice or instruction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

n4voxgill

Silent Key
Both of those are trunked radio systems. In a trunked system there are no frequencies set aside for fire or police, everyone shares the frequencies. What is different is the talk groups. If you only want to listen to fire and ems then only download those talk groups, or you can download them all and lock out police. I would put austin/travis in one bank and williamson in another.

mojicaman

Thanks for the info. How do I find the talkgroups and download them into the scanner?

VintageJon

I highly recommend Win96. This makes it much better and easier. Never really liked my 96
til I go it and GRE cable.

73's
Jon

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
need help

click on the database above then texas go to the county list and you will find frequency and talkgroup info.

Status
Not open for further replies.