Pro-96 battery door broke, where can I buy parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boom38

I just broke the clip that holds the battery door on, so I need a new battery door. Can someone point me in teh direction of where I can buy parts for the PRO-96. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Well...

I couldn't find one for the Pro-96 BUT... I tried to place my Pro-95s on my Pro-96 and it fit perfect. I presume they are the same. You can order the Pro-95 batt door at this link- good guys at G&G:

http://www.iinc.com/ggcomm/misc.html

all the way down at the bottom.

boom38

I don't see a PRO-95 battery door on the list. I for got to mention that I am in Canada.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
yep... sorry I was mistook the yallow batt. holder for a batt. door.

Well, I guess if you can find a batt. door for either a Pro-93, 95 or 96. I know these are all interchangeable- and maybe more.

hypersight

If you have no luck in finding one, you can crazy glue the clip back on. (assuming you still have the broken clip) Just hold the clip with a pair of tweezers and put a very small dab of crazy glue on it and attach it back to the battery compartment. Don't forget to clean the parts to be bonded with alcohol first. I had to do this last year and it still holds strong today.

JohnNDenver

door replacement

I just broke the clip that holds the battery door on, so I need a new battery door. Can someone point me in teh direction of where I can buy parts for the PRO-96. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Only through radio shack! Try the web site and order by phone

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Is it just me or do GRE scanners seem to be much more fragile than their Uniden brethren? My Pro96 has all but fallen apart and totally quit working while my BC250D, which has been dropped, clonked and bopped for years longer than my 96, still works flawlessly. If I had the knowhow I'd be tempted to create a morph of the two so that my BC250 would have true P25 capability.

At any rate, a cheap fix for the interim would be to just use a rubber band to hold the old door on. I could probably send you my battery door - it's not like I need it anyway since the whole damn scanner no longer works! :D

-AZ

boom38

Thanks for the offer AZ, I would appreciate it if you would send it to me, that would be great.
Let me know.
Thanks

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I hate it when they run and hide :) If you decide you want to do a trade or something, PM me... I've got lots of goodies kicking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.