PRO-96 Car Antenna - 800 MHz??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojicaman

I am listening to Austin/Travis Co and Williamson Co Fire and EMS. Please give me suggestions on what I can do to get a better signal while I am driving in the car. Do they make an a small car antenna that works good for 800 MHz?

Thanks

DewAddict

Important factor in 800Mhz reception is to use low loss coax especially for longer runs. I found that this dramatically increases the number of transmissions I hear on My Pro-96. One thing to consider is to have your antenna coax wired with the same end as the scanner connector (BNC type for the Pro-96) This will also help the reception as every time you have an adapter to go from one type of end to another (UHF to BNC for example) you also have a loss in signal.

Rob

ind224

I use the old RS magnetic two coil sans magnet bolted to the bed rail of my PU. Fed w LMR 400 it works nicely. 100mph+tested.

mojicaman

Thanks for all the advice...could someone give me the specific brand name and model that will work the best.

intrepid97

Mojicaman,I posted a link to a website that has some really nice 800Mhz antennas,look for the 3DB and the 5DB antennas as they will probably be your best bet :)

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
I'm using an Antenex Phantom Elite for my 800mhz comms. It's mounted on a "L" bracket at my trunk and works very, very well. It's also not too terrible for the few UHF/VHF freqs I listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.