Pro-96 Digital Manual Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

captncarp

West Point Military Acad. has a two tower system. Can both sets of freq.'s be programmed in one bank? Is it necessary to program the Base Freq. before each set of Tower Freq.'s? Are they all MO of FM Mode? Does the Base freq. go in channel 0 or 1 ?

D

DaveNF2G

There has been an extensive discussion of West Point's system in the New York Forum.

captncarp

West Point

Have been thru all the Forums and still don't see any answer to how to program the two Towers, both in one Bank or separate Banks for each tower or if the control Freq. (136.000) can go in Channel 0 or in Channel 1 like EDACS.
DMC

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
captncarp said:
Have been thru all the Forums and still don't see any answer to how to program the two Towers, both in one Bank or separate Banks for each tower or if the control Freq. (136.000) can go in Channel 0 or in Channel 1 like EDACS.
DMC
The 136.000 frequency does not get programmed in the list of frequencies in the bank at all; it is the base frequency for the custom table required for a VHF TRS. Control channels (CCh) are a different thing altogether. Please see your owner's manual for how to program the custom table and use the values we have posted on the system page.

The system is a Project 25 system, in your radio (I assume Pro-96/2096) you can have both towers in the same bank. As we don't have any CCh information for site 1 and only partial CCh info for site 2, I would recommend that you put all the frequencies in the radio.

The thrust of your posts seem to indicate that you don't understand the different types of trunking very well, I suggest that you go over to the RR Wiki and review those pages dealing with the different types of trunking systems, you can start on the Trunking page.

Status
Not open for further replies.