Pro-96 file be used for pro 106?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weisej

I just have bought a pro-106 and had heard you can use the win96 files in win500 wondering if anyone has done this if it works well?

TES

I just have bought a pro-106 and had heard you can use the win96 files in win500 wondering if anyone has done this if it works well?

Works well for me. Start with a new file and use the Import... item on the file menu in Win500. You'll have lots of options as the .p96 file from Win96 is imported into Win500.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber

Win500 contains a feature to let you import '96 files for use with your '106.

Since the scanners aren't organized the same way it is not an exact equivalent.
But it will save a lot of typing to get favorite files from the '96 into the newer radio.

N8IAA

That was how I got my 106 programmed for the first time last year. Pulled my hair out (what was left) :)) until I saw how the Win500 software worked. That import function is great. Thanks DonS.
Larry

Oh yeah,,that feature is priceless...
Ive been messing with win500..Whew its complex(due to my newness to it)
i found being able to import my p96 files to be a huge bonus,,got me tuned in
15min after i got the pkg from the USPS

and let me say,,being able to control it from my notebook..thats freakin great man!

A-Plus to BigDaddy Starr!

StinkyB

Win500

That was how I got my 106 programmed for the first time last year. Pulled my hair out (what was left) :)) until I saw how the Win500 software worked. That import function is great. Thanks DonS.
Larry

I also used the import feature in Win500 to import my Pro-96 files to Win500, just go through and make sure everything got to the right place, you will have to seperate everything into scanlists if you want to, LED colors ECT. And yes Don Starr has saved alot of hair, he's better than Rogaine LOL!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.