pro-96, have light come on and stay on

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2JDS

I have my pro-96 wired to come on when vehicle starts, but always have to press the light button to make light stay on. is there a way for it to come on, and stay past the 8191x .01 seconds option , as I usually have it on during all drive times.

rmiller818

I have my pro-96 wired to come on when vehicle starts, but always have to press the light button to make light stay on. is there a way for it to come on, and stay past the 8191x .01 seconds option , as I usually have it on during all drive times.

Press and hold the light button until it beeps a second time. I don't know of a way to make it come one when it powers on though.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Agree. Some vehicles send a pretty high DC spike when starting. Most professional radio shop techs advise not to wire radios this way. I turn mine off when I leave car and turn on after starting. I have also seen time delay relays that stay off for 5-10 seconds after starting then close the contacts.

jamesa53

Press and hold the light button until it beeps a second time. I don't know of a way to make it come one when it powers on though.

There is no way to turn the display light on automatically upon power up unless someone could figure out a mod to the scanner to do this. The 106 can be configured to turn the light on when it receives a transmission (first GRE type scanner to be able to do that). However, cant configure the 96 to do that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.