Pro 96 help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukaradio

Trying to program (or should I say listen to) Motorola type II, regular trunking system, not digital. I believe I have programmed it properly but when I scan I don't receive (hear) anything. Maybe I am missing a step or setting?
Any advice would be helpful. I have read the manual, wiki's, etc...no idea what the problem is.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
post link to the system your trying to listen to.. Moto type II means analog & Digital are on the same system

Incorrect. Motorola Type II systems can be analog only or analog and digital.

Motorola Type II refers to the second generation Motorola Trunked Radio Systems that replaced fleets and sub-fleets with the concept of talk groups and individual radio IDs, whereas the Motorola Type I systems were first generation which utilized fleets and sub-fleets. This has nothing to do with analog and/or digital.

lukaradio, my advice to you would be to inquire in the Canada forums, (or preferably ask a moderator to move this one), where someone near you, who is familiar with this system, could assist you.

Last edited:

lukaradio

Just thought my problem is more generic in its a programming problem as I maybe don't have the scanner settings setup properly? I assumed this system type I'm trying to listening to is not limited to Canada only.

Status
Not open for further replies.