Pro 96 help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my 96 today and it is a bit complicated. I've got my sheriff's department on it but when it receives, for example, when the dispatcher or deputies say something, it will kinda cut out for a split second. It isn't that bad but it gets annoying after awhile. I don't think it is a defect on the radio, I think it has to do with the frequency or something. Also i've heard Ft. Oglethorpe Police, Catoosa County EMS and Catoosa County Sheriff's department all on the same frequency. I also don't completly understand this "trunking" thing either. I am just wanting to know about it cutting out. THANKS.

(i'm joining the premium subscription then i'll check back)

Highpockets

pennellamichael said:
I just got my 96 today and it is a bit complicated. I've got my sheriff's department on it but when it receives, for example, when the dispatcher or deputies say something, it will kinda cut out for a split second. It isn't that bad but it gets annoying after awhile. I don't think it is a defect on the radio, I think it has to do with the frequency or something. Also i've heard Ft. Oglethorpe Police, Catoosa County EMS and Catoosa County Sheriff's department all on the same frequency. I also don't completly understand this "trunking" thing either. I am just wanting to know about it cutting out. THANKS.

(i'm joining the premium subscription then i'll check back)

Do you have priority on a channel turned on, or if that scanner has weather priority, sounds like a priority is turned.

Highpockets

pennellamichael said:
It's funny how one button changes that. You were right thanks.

You were smart getting the subcription here, now with software and cable you can import freq's and systems right from the database to the software, edit or whatever and upload to your scanner. Makes life easier, also helps to keep the site going. :)

ALSO, every now and then, my 96 starts sounding like the frequencies are bleeding together and it makes all kinds of weird noises. When it does it, it says on it under the frequency M36:---- 00% How can I prevent it from making those noises and receive like its supposed to?

Highpockets

pennellamichael said:
ALSO, every now and then, my 96 starts sounding like the frequencies are bleeding together and it makes all kinds of weird noises. When it does it, it says on it under the frequency M36:---- 00% How can I prevent it from making those noises and receive like its supposed to?

Did you get the freq's and info for your scanner here:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=405

Highpockets said:
Did you get the freq's and info for your scanner here:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=405

Yep, but I clicked under "all trunked radio systems" Chattanooga/ Hamilton County Public Safety. The frequency I got to work is 866.6250 but I've noticed it's receiving Ft. O Police, Catoosa County Sheriff's, Fire and EMS Department. I can also hear Chattanooga Police every now and then.

Last edited:

DonS

pennellamichael said:
Yep, but I clicked under "all trunked radio systems" Chattanooga/ Hamilton County Public Safety. The frequency I got to work is 866.6250 but I've noticed it's receiving Ft. O Police, Catoosa County Sheriff's, Fire and EMS Department. I can also hear Chattanooga Police every now and then.
You're monitoring a trunked system that is used by all of those agencies. If you want to limit the talkgroups you hear on that system, you'll have to program those talkgroups and scan the system in "closed mode".

Highpockets

pennellamichael said:

From what your saying here, it sounds like you don't have the system set up as a trunked system. I guess your near site 003, use that and follow the directions in the manual on how to set up a Motorola trunked system, also read section on open and closed mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.