PRO-96 help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighter114

Premium Subscriber
I have a Radioshack Pro-96 that is a few years old now. I will be honest in saying that it has hit the ground a few times. Within the last year or so, i have not been able to receive any digital transmissions (Mi. P25).
I can hear VHF traffic nice and clear. I have upgraded DSP to 1.4, reset to factory, re-loaded programming,even opened the thing up and resoldered antenna connection. Anyone have any ideas????

lindsay34654

I have a Radioshack Pro-96 that is a few years old now. I will be honest in saying that it has hit the ground a few times. Within the last year or so, i have not been able to receive any digital transmissions (Mi. P25).
I can hear VHF traffic nice and clear. I have upgraded DSP to 1.4, reset to factory, re-loaded programming,even opened the thing up and resoldered antenna connection. Anyone have any ideas????

Did the area you are trying to listen to go encrypted? if they did you are not going to be able to hear them. there is no scanner made that you can use.

N8IAA

Know this is going to sound silly, but, have you checked, in manual mode, on the CC's you have programmed that they work? Maybe there has been changes to the main CC, or alternate CC's. It looks like there have been some recent updates to the Michigan state system over the last couple of days.
HTH,
Larry

N8IAA

Did the area you are trying to listen to go encrypted? if they did you are not going to be able to hear them. there is no scanner made that you can use.

If there were encrypted TGID's on the 96, you'd know really quick with the digital sound coming out of the scanner:D
Larry

firefighter114

Premium Subscriber
No. We haven't gone encrypted here. (Not yet anyway.) I am pullling in 80% to 98% on CC. I can manually tune and pick up conversations but when it is scanning, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.