Pro-96 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFEMT1226

Premium Subscriber
I hate to hijack this thread but I need help..It seems Belmont County has added 2 control channels..864.43750 and 864.86875.I have programmed these frequencies into my scanner. I have a RS Pro-96 and it will not pick this up. It flashes the ID and trunk channel and everything, but no sound, just flashing. When it rolls back to the 851.21250 or 853.45000 frequencies it picks up just fine, no problem. Any idea what is wrong? Bad scanner?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I hate to hijack this thread but I need help

Yup, us Moderators hate it when you hijack threads as well. We have to respond to post reports from members who see your hijack, we have to move your hijack to its own thread and we have to issue you a warning. Lots of unnecessary work just because you didn't want to start your own thread.

Please keep that in mind next time you decide to hijack a thread. Thanks.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
If you are listening to Belmont County 911 then the control chanell is 853.7000 but it has been on 851.7625 for some reason latley

FFEMT1226

Premium Subscriber
Where did you get the info on these frequencies as they are both outside the public safety band?

It seems 864.4375 is a licensed NEXTEL frequency and 864.86875 is not licensed to anyone.

Those frequencies are showing up on my scanner whenever a transmission takes place. No sound, the talkgroup ID's are showing up just fine, just flashing these frequencies. Funny thing is that every so often it will roll back to the 853 and 851 frequncies. I don't even have the 864's programmed into my scanner.

FFEMT1226

Premium Subscriber
If you are listening to Belmont County 911 then the control chanell is 853.7000 but it has been on 851.7625 for some reason latley

Yes, I have all the control channels programmed in correctly..I have been scanning flawlessly for several years now..this just started Saturday..Before I programmed my scanner by hand..Do you think buying the programming cord and doing it over through the computer will help? Or maybe is it something internal with my scanner??

FFEMT1226

Premium Subscriber
You need to update your scanner for rebanding. Programming the PRO-96 and 2096 for rebanded Motorola trunked systems

864.4375 MHz works out to channel # 537 using the non rebanded band plan in the PRO-96. Channel 537 in the rebanded plan equates to 853.450 MHz which is a current Belmont Co frequency.

YES!!..This did the trick, I'm back in action..Thanks all for your help!! Admins..Again, sorry for the confusion, 1st post and I didn't know how to start a thread..please forgive..this is a really cool hobby and I'm just trying to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.