Pro 96 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstevens0510

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon
I live in stark county ohio and had my 96 programmed to my local PD. There was a update to the Marcs system on Thursday and now my 96 is a paper weight. I am using win 96 software and I tried rebranding and still no luck. I tried manually entering primary channels and still no luck either. Does anybody have a direction I could go in or a solution. I looked at my rs manual and I looks like the scanner is still compatible.
Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon
I live in stark county ohio and had my 96 programmed to my local PD. There was a update to the Marcs system on Thursday and now my 96 is a paper weight. I am using win 96 software and I tried rebranding and still no luck. I tried manually entering primary channels and still no luck either. Does anybody have a direction I could go in or a solution. I looked at my rs manual and I looks like the scanner is still compatible.
Thanks
I'm not sure what was updated, other than a number of talkgroups. The update history ends late on 1/29, in the middle of a number of Stark County changes. If you request your thread be moved to the Ohio forum, you might get a more complete answer. To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there.

One thing I do see, is that the Stark County site is using a number of 700 MHz frequencies, including one, 774.88125, that is now flagged as the primary control channel. While the Pro-96 can trunk track a P25 Phase I system, like MARCS, it cannot utilize 700MHz trunked frequencies. Even though you can, via Win96, "open up" extended frequencies, such as 700MHz, the scanner is unable to trunk track using those. Even if the site was using an 800MHz frequency for the control channel, the Pro96 would be unable to follow a conversation if directed to a voice channel in the 700MHz band.

Nasby

Good afternoon
Thanks

The PRO-96 cannot properly track P25 systems that use 700 mhz channels.
It worked on the old Canton/Stark System because the sytem had only 800mhz frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.