PRO-96 Hissing Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9kfj

Hello,my PRO-96 scanner makes a hissing sound while receiving.Global ATT. is not on,and the antenna is secure.I've had this scanner for 6 months and have not had problems with it before.My other scanners do not have the same issue,so I've ruled out interference.The hissing is not constant,and does not affect digital signals.Could it be an internal problem?

SAR923

Is this a hissing sound that you can hear for a distance or only if you put your ear up to the speaker? If it's the latter, I hear and have always heard the same hissing noise, which changes with scan speed through trunked systems and conventional channels. If you can hear it from a distance, that's not normal and something's wrong so I would guess it needs a trip back to Fort Worth.

kc9kfj

SAR2401 said:
Is this a hissing sound that you can hear for a distance or only if you put your ear up to the speaker? If it's the latter, I hear and have always heard the same hissing noise, which changes with scan speed through trunked systems and conventional channels. If you can hear it from a distance, that's not normal and something's wrong so I would guess it needs a trip back to Fort Worth.
Thanks for the reply. It's audible from a distance,so I guess my scanner is taking a vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.