Pro-96 in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

playj2

Im sort of a Newbie with this Digital stuff. So I have the Pro-96 I live in Arapahoe County Co. On my scanner bank 0 is Denverpd, bank 1 is Aurorapd. Now in Bank2 I want Arapahoe County Sheriffs. How would I program only Arapahoe in bank 2. When I programmed the control freq from site 101 and site 102 im getting basiclly the whole state. Jeffco, Castle Rock just about everyone thats digital thats bouncing off those sites. Thanks for the help in advance

n2mdk

The scanner has 2 sort of modes of operation open and closed bank. In open mode the radio will receive all TGID's transmitted by the sites. To only hear the specific TGID's you want to lisren to close the bank and only program in those ID's you want to hear.
This is from the Programming Shortcuts http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Programming_Shortcut_Pro-96
You need to be manually on the bank to change modes
To change from Open Mode to Closed Mode (or the reverse).
1. Press FUNC + 5 (Bank Open or Bank Closed will display).
Note: The scanner will not stop on any TG id’s which are Locked-Out, OPEN or CLOSED modes.
In OPEN mode, all others will be scanned and CLOSED mode only stored (see below) unlocked
id’s will be scanned.

playj2

Text Tag

I typed in and stored alot of text tags. When the ID's show up only the numbers show up and not the text. How can I change this?

n2mdk

Try this when the scanner stops on an active ID hit the TEXT key see if that changes it over.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I typed in and stored alot of text tags. When the ID's show up only the numbers show up and not the text. How can I change this?
The shortcut Jerri pointed you to only provides example for frequency tags.

Storing known Text Tags for ID's
1. Press Manual, Press three digits to get the bank and channel number desired then Press
Manual again. (upper left should read Mxxx for your bank and channel number)
2. Press PGM then TRUNK.
3. Using UP/DOWN, navigate to ID.
4. Press Text, the cursor appears on line 3.
5. Using the numbered keys text in the line up to 12 characters. The letters above each number
will help in the selection. Example, POLICE DISP (11 characters counting the space)
The first letter is P, Press the number 7 then the number 1 for P. (7 will open the four
numbers PQRS and by selecting 1 is for the first of these four. A 7 then 2 would get the
letter Q. Press up or down to move the courser back and fourth or to correct a mistake.
6. Press Enter.
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 until all are entered.

Note: Chart on page 48 for other text options.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
After rereading your post, it may be you have the scanner scanning in TEXT Mode.

Change by pressing TEXT during any coms to cycle mode to text on line 4.

dond943

P96 in Co.

Playj2 if you can get to the Radio Shack store in Parker and ask for Erick. If he cannot help you I do not think anybody can. The store is located at the southwest corner of Parker and Main.

Status
Not open for further replies.