Pro 96 lcd display issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

stircrazy

My Pro 96 works great and is in excellent conditon. The only thing wrong is the display. It just stopped working. There were black lines accross the screen for a few minutes on start up then it stopped displaying anything. I have taken the display out, cleaned the ends and replaced it and still nothing. I have called the Radio Shack help line and only get a recording with no way to speak to a real person. I even tried to zero out and get someone on the phone that was a living person and it just hung up on me. When I send an email to them they reply with a cut and paste response giving me the same dead end phone number. See, the trouble is, I live in Canada. We dont have Radio Shacks here anymore. The Source bought them out. I dont think they will send it in for me and I really dont want to travel accross the border to send it away. Its a two hour drive to the nearest Radio Shack and thats not including the crap you have to put up with at the border to get accross. Is there a solution out there? I am pretty good at this stuff so I really think its just the lcd display that finally went. Where can I get the part from to fix it? cat.no 20-526 is on the back. I dont want to buy another unit cause this one works for what I need it for. I memorized the functions on the scanner and can work it blind folded now. Can any one help? I want to be able to read my screen. Thanks for reading. Rich

mciupa

Give the repair centre in Mississauga a call.Repair Centres | TheSource.ca

I used them for Radio Shack repair in the past for a Pro2004.

Even though they are The Source, they can get the part needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.