Pro 96 locking onto CC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

I know this has been talked about here in the past. That a pro 96 on the state system will lock onto the CC for a few seconds now and then. I have made sure each of the towers I have plugged in have at leased 80% or better on the signal meter. I have put conventional frequencies between the towers. So far nothing works too well. So I thought I would put it out there to see if any of our new members had any ideas. Or if the vets have any new tricks they might like to share.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
cstockmyer said:
That a pro 96 on the state system will lock onto the CC for a few seconds now and then

Thats what the scanner is supposed to do. It monitors the CC to see if any of the TG's you have programed into the radio are active on that CC.

cstockmyer

No it will lock onto a CC and you will hear the CC noise nothing else for a few seconds, then it will go on scanning and you can hear traffic.

cstockmyer

Toneslider12 said:
I think that's normal like Erik said. I haven't ever seen it not doing that.

Well doing what you said in the other tread about putting a blue frequency between the CC's Works great, I have not heard it stop on a CC yet. You Rock Erik, no matter what Jim, Bill and Eric say :lol:

luke-1

cstockmyer said:
No it will lock onto a CC and you will hear the CC noise nothing else for a few seconds, then it will go on scanning and you can hear traffic.

You should not hear the control channel at all. That is not normal.

The first thing I would check is to make sure one or more of your control channels are not in the wrong mode (AM, FM, Edacs) That would cause it to stop on them and you would hear it.

I have more than one control channel in my banks, with no freqs. in between, and have never heard the control channel.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Occasionally I'll hear the braaaappppp when the scanner seems to randomly stop on a CC. Not something I worry about since it doesn't happen all the time

cstockmyer

firescannerbob said:
Occasionally I'll hear the braaaappppp when the scanner seems to randomly stop on a CC. Not something I worry about since it doesn't happen all the time

That would be what I am hearing. Maybe I just need to get used to it, then I will not notice it as much. Thanks Sir!

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
So which DSP version are you using? 1.3 & 1.4 have a tendency to do this sort of thing usually on weak to marginal signals or when switching banks on or off that have conventional channel.s

Phil.

cstockmyer

scanlist said:
So which DSP version are you using? 1.3 & 1.4 have a tendency to do this sort of thing usually on weak to marginal signals or when switching banks on or off that have conventional channel.s

Phil.

I am using 1.4, that seems to decode the digital signal faster then 1.3. Any idea when or if Radio Shack might come out with a new Firmware now that Re banding is over?

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
There is no firmware updates fro the PRO-96/2096. They would have to physically replace the CPU in the radio. Only the digital AUDIO DSP is user upgradable.

None of the area legacy Motorola systems for Xcel energy and United Airlines were involved with rebanding so old trunking scanners will still follow them with no issues.

There is a thread here on RR about setting up multi-tables in the 96/2096 for rebanded Motorola 3600 systems I believe in the Radio Shack Scanners forum. You would need this entered into the 96/2096 in order to track the Cheyenne Fire 800 system which was effected by rebanding.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.