Pro-96 Pre-programmed V-Folder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Maybe somebody could answer this. When I power up my new 96, I have CPU version 1.5, and DSP version 1.3. My question is ,I just loaded my pre-programmed V-folder #3----bank 7 , which in the addendum that comes with the scanner, says is State of South Dakota TRS (which is a VHF system). However , in my scanner it says C. Rapids, which is an 800MHz system. Are any of the folders or files different on anybody elses 96s?

I know I am being picky, but I was actually excited that the SD system was in the scanner ,I lived there for 2 years in the late 90s, and my wife and I go there sometimes. What is really ironic, is the fact that I am only about 65 miles from Cedar Rapids Iowa----which I assume is the replacement system.

Its not a huge deal-----but is this common? I havent checked any of the other folders yet. I had the 96 shipped direct from RS (Texas I assumed). Anyway sorry to be long winded----just wanted to know if anyone else has run across this. Thanks, Mike

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Mike,
SD Statewide Smartzone requires three Custom Frequency Tables which GRE couldn't place in the scanner prior to distribution. The retailer (Radio Shack) contracted ScanCat Lite for programming software. It can't program the tables either. Fact is, only Win96 will program multi tables in the scanner, the keyboard will only allow entries for a single table even though Multi Table setting is available.

Ask you question in the SD forum, plenty of users are scanning the system with this scanner. Or, if needed, I would be happy to take you through procedures with Win96.

Haley

Frank, thank you for the offer to help. I dont as of yet have WIN96, but I plan on getting it soon. I was trying to get used to all the functions of the Pro-96----before I got the software. I am shocked at how well it recieves in the VHF range----maybe its my location----but it does VERY well!

Is the 1.5 CPU the latest version for the 96? Also ,Is the SD system the only one that is different from the listed ones? I do need to get the USB cable, so I can get the 1.4 DSP download. When I get WIN96 ,I will be sure to re-post in the SD forum, and thank you again for your offer. Mike

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Mike,
Your DSP 1.3 is likely ok but get 1.4 when you can, it's easy to revert back to 1.3 if needed. 1.5 CPU is the latest and likely last they will have.

You should get great support in SD forum when ready cause most reports I've seen is those guys like the 96 on the Statewide system.

Status
Not open for further replies.