Pro-96 /Pro-2096 help with display

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8hsk

I have been trying to program both scanners using various software, Arc96 (trial version),Win96 (trial version), and Scancat lite (registered version). The scanners appear to recieve, but the display shows:

line 1 Sxxx.........^ dg/fm
line 2 frequency
line 3 OH Marcs
line 4 Bankx I have attached a photo of the display.

I would like to get it to show the alpha tag of the talk group i am listening to, such as the bottom line showing the TG alpha tag. I have tried the many suggestions on various forums with no success. I have tried turning various thing off and on in the various programs. I have spent nights reading all sorts of various forums on these 2 scanners trying to find the answer. I am missing something somewhere. Can any one point me in the right direction? I appreciate all the help anyone can give!

Attachments

• 20200417_150622.jpg
    20200417_150622.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 32

tvengr

Well Known Member
Which sites do you have programmed and what is your location (city, county, state)? The Pro-96 cannot trunk track 700 MHz frequencies. It has been a while since I programmed one. I believe the alpha tag should be displayed when it stops on a talkgroup. I have ARC96. Can you attach your file so that I can check it.

Last edited:

emtd99

Premium Subscriber
Are you on FB messenger? It’s easier to communicate then message back and forth . I have a 2096 and use Win96

emtd99

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to program both scanners using various software, Arc96 (trial version),Win96 (trial version), and Scancat lite (registered version). The scanners appear to recieve, but the display shows:

line 1 Sxxx.........^ dg/fm
line 2 frequency
line 3 OH Marcs
line 4 Bankx I have attached a photo of the display.

I would like to get it to show the alpha tag of the talk group i am listening to, such as the bottom line showing the TG alpha tag. I have tried the many suggestions on various forums with no success. I have tried turning various thing off and on in the various programs. I have spent nights reading all sorts of various forums on these 2 scanners trying to find the answer. I am missing something somewhere. Can any one point me in the right direction? I appreciate all the help anyone can give!
[/QUO

i would also be willing to do a zoom meeting and share screen , if needed

tvengr

Well Known Member
I am not on FB. The 2096 is the mobile version of the 96 and programs the same. I don't have Win96. If ARC96 has not expired, please attach a ARC96 file. If you have the ARC96 file, you can open it even if ARC96 has expired. You just can't read from and write to the scanner.

n8hsk

I forgot to mention that this is a Motorola APCO 25 Phase I trunking system.

n8hsk

I am not on FB. The 2096 is the mobile version of the 96 and programs the same. I don't have Win96. If ARC96 has not expired, please attach a ARC96 file. If you have the ARC96 file, you can open it even if ARC96 has expired. You just can't read from and write to the scanner.
Thank you for your reply! I am sorry, what do you mean by the "Arc96 File"? Is this the one from reading the scanner? i still have time on the trial.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I am familiar that MARCS is P25 Phase 1. The 2096 can do Phase 1, but cannot trunk track 700 MHz frequencies. Please give me your sites and location so that I can help.

n8hsk

I am familiar that MARCS is P25 Phase 1. The 2096 can do Phase 1, but cannot trunk track 700 MHz frequencies. Please give me your sites and location so that I can help.
The location is Lake County, Ohio. We are in the 850Mhz band. I am not sure what you need for the "site". I am very new at this.

n8hsk

Which sites do you have programmed and what is your location (city, county, state)? The Pro-96 cannot trunk track 700 MHz frequencies. It has been a while since I programmed one. I believe the alpha tag should be displayed when it stops on a talkgroup. I have ARC96. Can you attach your file so that I can check it.
I tried to attach the file I thought you were asking for, it was a *.bin file, but the forum would not let me attach it. Stating that it was potentially harmful. It was a back up file of my scanner. Is there another file you need, or can I rename it?

emtd99

Premium Subscriber
I tried finding you, but I was unsuccessful . Please find me , my profile pic is a mourning badge .

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Text for the very bottom line can be changed using "Pgm" "func" then #7 As stated on page 48 of the manual that is still online. ARC96 has a slot for naming a bank too which does the same thing

tvengr

Well Known Member
Give this file a try and see how it works for you. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC96 and Upload to Scanner. Lake Co OH in Bank 0.

Attachments

• Lake Co OH.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 2

n8hsk

Give this file a try and see how it works for you. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC96 and Upload to Scanner. Lake Co OH in Bank 0.
That is working! Thanks for your help, but what had I done wrong? I have attached my file as per your instructions. Could you let me know what I did wrong?

Attachments

• 209604-17.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 2

n8hsk

Text for the very bottom line can be changed using "Pgm" "func" then #7 As stated on page 48 of the manual that is still online. ARC96 has a slot for naming a bank too which does the same thing
Thanks for your reply! I did the "Pgm" "func" then #7 trick. that changed the display, but then it appears you would have to enter each display manually. Is that correct? I have the trial version of ARC96. How does that do the same thing? Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.