PRO 96 Problem - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachs909

I believe I have done everything correctly in programming my PRO 96. However, all of the trunked transmissions I am receiving are going purely digital. I am scanning in Michigan on the MPSCS - for Calhoun County, MI.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

pro-97

if you are on police there not dig there enc. Some on else could help you better.

sachs909

Thanks

Thanks anyway. Even the pre programmed V Scanning database comes in completely digital when selected.

sachs909

Antenna

I bought the 800 MHZ antenna (20-283) as I was told the factory antenna wouldn't work.

As for what tower, I'm pretty new at this and not sure. The nearest site location would be the Albion site, not sure if thats what information you were looking for.

Any help you can provide would be awesome - I'm going crazy here.

phantom1131

it looks like calhoun co. is not on the digital system yet,so if u r trying to listen in digital that would explain that...you need to program the freq's in...you can go to the database on this site and get all the freq's you want..here is a link http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1239

also what version firmware do u have..hit the #3 key during the welcome screen when u first turn on the unit it should be 1.2-1.4..also on that screen will be the cpu version that should be 1.2-1.5 preferably 1.3 or higher

Last edited:

phantom1131

upon further review i see there is some activity on the MPSCS..try these freq's they are control freq's for your local towers..put them in a seperate bank from the non digital ones from prior list..after you enter them make sure you are in MO mode by hitting mode until you se MO in upper right cornerthen make sure u r in trunked motorola mode by hitting prog then trunk then mode until it says motorola

Albion Site 114: 868.925
Battle Creek East Site 311: 868.875,868.375
Battle Creek Site 339: 868.9875

again u can get all the freq's from the database..check it out as well as browse around the site there is alot of great info..good luck

seamusg

sachs909 said:
Thanks anyway. Even the pre programmed V Scanning database comes in completely digital when selected.
I wouldn't trust the data in the V folders for MPSCS. The way I use to find which sites to monitor is to put a site in the scanner as MOT and manually hold on it. On the bottom line on the right side it will show the % decode, the higher the better, and pick the sites with the best decode rate. A year ago I moved from a location where I could get 5 sites with good decode rates to where I can only get 2 sites. The database here is showing three sites for your county (114,339,311), try these three and see what you get. Maybe we can get this moved to the Michigan forum.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Moved to MI forum.

As others have said, if you are trying to listen to the Calhoun Co. LE channels, they are encrypted and you will not be able to decode them. Since everything on the system is "digital" your OP and your followups are a little confusing.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
I am able to pick up the Battle Creek Tower, Albion Tower but not able to get the E. Battle Creek tower and most all traffic I bet you are listening to if it is from Calhoun Sheriff or Battle Creek PD is encrypted through the MPSCS system. Same for Albion PD. And I think it is not going digita, you are just hearing encrypted talk. l. If you need any help let me know as I listen to those towers. Let me know if it sounds like this as this is what Encryption sounds like.
Motorola APCO-25 P 25 9600 BAUD with Encryption

Last edited:

wingnut71

hey skud i was wondering if you might help i need help understanding the rr database and how to program my scanner with that info i have freqs for every county in michigan i have programed my scanner with freqs for my area the thing is this somedays i get alot of traffic others not so much i was wondering what you think might be the problem and help would be grealty appreciated thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.