PRO-96 Programming Methodology

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzrider2000

I bought a PRO-96 a while back, programmed it with some freq's, and then haven't messed with it in a long time...

So now I bought a Uniden BCD396T and it's amazing and allows a LOT of freq's per band (they call it systems)... Anyway, I was trying to decide if I was going to keep or sell the PRO-96. I started trying to program it (EDIT: the PRO-96) a little last night with Win96 and remembered the 50 freq's per band thing.

I'm in Los Angeles and LAPD has about 200+ freq's that I have easliy programmed in the BCD396T. From your guys experience, how would you go about breaking up the freq's in the PRO-96 or would you just not mess with it and sell it?

Thanks for your inputs.

Last edited:

benzrider2000

I edited my original post. I want to know how you guys would go about programming the PRO-96 when you have more than 50 freq's per bank (IE: LAPD) to keep it clean.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I'd look at breaking the frequencies down by division or geographical area within the city. Some are not going to be so prone (i.e., detective), but for the most part you could put one or two areas per bank and go that route.

Now it might be nice to scan harbor while in Hollywood or the Valley, but you've got to decide.

I'd look at trying to keep adjacent divisions in adjacent banks. Easy to remember if you're moving through them.

If you want to include LAFD, then you could include the corresponding geographical breaks in the same bank as the PD. A bit problematic as I am sure LAPD and LAFD have different break downs, but you could get close.

Status
Not open for further replies.