Pro-96 Programming VA STARS system...Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEFarmer

I have been reading on this forum for a while, am trying to load the new VA STARS system with no success. In the data base here it appears the frequncies, offsets, steps and so on are listed. I have tried several times loading in the win96 software with no luck.
I had thought of upgrading my membership and downloading the info, but I don't know if it is even available yet to do so....
Any info would be great.

Thanks, Mark

This would be for the VA State Police system

JESSERABBIT

MEFarmer, if you haven't done so already, check out the Virginia Forum. It has a ton of information on this subject. The people there sure have helped me understand all that is required to get that done successfully. If after checking that out that Forum, you still have questions post them there. That is the easiest way to go, in addition to the Wiki.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Extended Trunking Tables dialog

In Matt's Wiki page, to get to Extended Trunking Tables dialog, click Multi table bullet under MOT 9600 CC then click the "ungrayed" Extended Tables bar.

Data for tables # 00, 01 and 02 must be entered as in the Wiki picture. The last three tables will be ignored by the scanner so may be left as default or zeroed out as in Wiki.

Do not check any of the Standard Plans bullets in upper part.

Save and load to scanner.

MEFarmer

Thanks, I am obviously missing something here..... I'm thinking I have loaded the wrong frequencies in the bank....I used the base info 136.00000, 146.00000...etc. Not the ones listed below in the database for Richmond, Chesepeake and so on, I'll try loading those
Thanks for the help

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Thanks, I am obviously missing something here..... I'm thinking I have loaded the wrong frequencies in the bank....I used the base info 136.00000, 146.00000...etc. Not the ones listed below in the database for Richmond, Chesepeake and so on, I'll try loading those
Thanks for the help
This is a Control Channel only scanner so you only need the red and blue frequencies programmed and only program nearby towers unless you plan to drive to other areas.

Should you program two or more towers, separate each tower group with an unused FM frequency. I use 1300.0000 but any will work. This gives the scanner a better check of activity on another control frequency should the last used have idle time.

Finally, most of us have a p96 file available if you need. :wink:

MEFarmer

Ahhh yes, it always helps to have the right frequencies loaded. Frank I actually picked up on this when I went to the Hampton Roads link you have.
Loaded the Richmond and Louisa towers everything seems to be working well now. We travel often thru Hampton area so I willload those shortly and add the space between towers.
I'm slowly learning my way thru this site, there is quite a bit of info here.

Thanks for the help
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.