pro 96 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ushomes

ok im new to this and when i got my scanner radio shack put all my local freq in for me.When i searched on wiki ref in here i found like 10 other frequnciy codes i want to put in for close areas near me,if i put these in manually since theres only 10 will i mess up what radio shack did for me i dont want to delete what they put in.i think i would just put these 10 in a diff bank and then the scanner will scan all am i correct?

xpawel15x

Yes you are correct, just put your 10 frequencies into an empty bank or any empty channels. You won't mess up what you already have programmed.

SCPD

QRT
i need some help, i m new at programming , i bought a rs 20-047a cable to prog my pro 96 i also hv 2 2052 scanners ,is there a cable adapter for the rs cable to use on my 2052 s ? also are there any free programs that i could use for pratice before i attempt to load w 96 and any progs for the 2052 ? i checked the wiki info but i am not sure about the programing. and how difficult is putting the RS driver cd in my WIFE s PC any help would be appreciated

swstow

Premium Subscriber
i own a 2096 the brother to the 96 and i found that win 96 program is easy and simple to understand and very to load on pc's also i have a 2051 and i use the same cable but when i got it from rs it came with a small adaptor that goes with my 2051
also the win 96 can be downloaded free on a time limited base and if you like it you can
pay for the unlock key

the rs driver is simple just follow the directions

SCPD

QRT
swstow need help now.. old 74 cant get it to work that is the rs driver cd tried the other day and wizard came up and after that couldnt get any further, now i cant get wizard up any help would be appreciated , have young fellow over my shoulder ready try and install help pls . bob

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Bob,

At nearly 71 I must be a youngster.:p

With the cable plugged into the USB Port, open the Device Manager and expand the + next to Ports (COM & LPT). A USB Serial Port may be listed with a (COM x) x being the com port assigned by the driver.

If none is listed, you may see a yellow exclamation point instead. If so. put the driver CD in the drive then right click yellow point and select update driver and follow the wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.