Pro 96 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdavidhome

I have a Pro 96 scanner and I was told by an associate of radio shack who programs their scanners, that the Pro 96 scanner cannot be programmed to Jackson, Mississippi's Police and fire network because it is all digital now and that the pro 96 is not capable of tunning in to those frequencies. Just wanted to know how true that is. I am new to programming scanners. Does anyone have any insight into this?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have a Pro 96 scanner and I was told by an associate of radio shack who programs their scanners, that the Pro 96 scanner cannot be programmed to Jackson, Mississippi's Police and fire network because it is all digital now and that the pro 96 is not capable of tunning in to those frequencies. Just wanted to know how true that is. I am new to programming scanners. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Check here to see what your scanner can and can't do,

Pro-96 - The RadioReference Wiki

Check here to see the list of frequencies in your area, and if they are digital or not.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?stid=28

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
That's not correct, the Pro-96 is very capable of scanning the Jackson PD/FD freqs. It works just fine on the Hinds SO freqs., as well. That's an all 800 mhz Motorola digital system, but the old 96 is very capable of trunking and scanning the system. Good luck!!!

mcdavidhome

Pro 96

Thank you so much for clarifying that for me! I am new to the world of scanners and how to program them, but I have enough common sense to know when someone is just trying to get me to buy a newer model scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.