Pro 96 purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

windows

I will be buying the 96 on E-Bay soon, maybe new/maybe used. Some sellers are claiming that their radio has the preferable 1.4 Version. Will there be a problem if I end up with an earlier version? Seems to me there was a thread on this long ago & people had to send scanner back to RS to update????? Any comments will be appreciated, Paul

mikeh

now tis puts the 96 back in game

frist 1.3 is the latest version and be sure to put it in it now put the 96 back in game
i have listen to mine with the upgrade it sounds great.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You should look for CPU version 1.3 or 1.4, found by pressing the 3 key during the welcome message during power up.

scnnr

windows said:
Good info! That's what I needed to know, thanks, Paul
I know when I got my Pro 96 way back when they first came out I had the first version of CPU 1.1 Radio Shack came out with a upgrade for the DSP processor. Some sent there scanners in to Radio Shack to get the cpu upgraded to handle the 42xxx talk group problems fixed. Since that area of talk groups didn't effect me I never bothered with that. The Portable pro 96 is still pumping out sound and TG'S just fine with the new DSP upgrade that just came out the scanner now has.

CPU: F1.1
DSP: AFF F1.3 ( This is the update patch that just came out. )
DSP: VOC. F1.0

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
DaveIN said:
You should look for CPU version 1.3 or 1.4, found by pressing the 3 key during the welcome message during power up.
Just to add to that, there is no difference from the user's standpoint between CPU version 1.3 or 1.4, they are exactly the same.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
loumaag said:
Just to add to that, there is no difference from the user's standpoint between CPU version 1.3 or 1.4, they are exactly the same.

I read something about a hardware cange only, but I never heard what the change was.

Status
Not open for further replies.