PRO-96 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpilot

I'm trying to figure out how to manually select an agency ID, scroll it or pull it up specifically to monitor. For instance, I know how to " save an ID " by selecting the TRUNK Key, it of course says ID Saved after selected while they are talking on a frequency, but how do I manually go back and listen to the ones I have saved? Are there keys to select on the radio that allow me to go through the list? I've gone through the owners manual and can't find anyting. Much thanks in advance.

arpilot

nodak1crdet3

Hello arpilot,

While it is scanning hit Program & then the Trunk button. Then you can use the arrow keys to go through them up or down. You can also manually enter Talk Groups in this mode. Then you can hit TEXT to add text tags to your Talk Groups.

This web site has easy to read manuals for many types of scanners.
Mark's Scanners

arpilot

I've had the thing almost 5 years now and am just finding this out....thank you so much Nodak! That really helps with my listening around my area. Thanks so much.

arpilot

Another quick question

Ok, so i've figured out how to go to a specific ID, however, after having it sit there silent for a while, I selected scan and the very ID I was "listening to" was now talking and had been having activity on it. The bank indicator says "ON" in the upper right hand corner so is there some setting I'm missing here? Thanks

nodak1crdet3

Ahh, you want to listen to the ID you manually went to. Once your on the ID you want to listen to, press Function then Enter. That should put it in ID hold mode. I've noticed that sometimes it won't hold the ID, so just do that step over again. Function then Trunk.
When in scan mode just hit Pause when you want to hold an ID also.

Your welcome on the help. Just be glad you don't have one of the new scanners to program. They are not fun to program when your used to the old way of programming a scanner.
Good luck with your scanner, & I hope this info helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.