Pro-96 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

minasha

Hello,
Is anyone receiving the NYS Metro-25 system with a Pro-96 scanner?
I programmed it into my pro-96 and it isn't working. It just keeps scanning and doesn't seem to receive any Control channel data. Every other system works fine and digital comms. are excellent on both conventional
and other p-25 trunked systems. I must be overlooking something, or missing something as this system is just a regular 800mhz
p-25 trunked system.

Thank You

jamesa53

Maybe it's not that active the entire system has 5 talk groups excluding 2 radio tech talk groups, might ask in the New York forum.....

minasha

Pro-96 Metro-25

Hello,
No it isn't inactive, there is activity, even a patch of NYPD Citywide that is quite active.
If I turn on my pro-106 along side my pro-96 the pro-106 will trunk it perfect ,
stop on a displayed talk group and then scan, while the pro-96 just scans forever.

jamesa53

Can you hear the control channel motor boating on the site?

What's the percent decode on your 106 for the site?

Also how did you program the 96, soft wear or manually?

minasha

pro-96

Hi,
Percent. on control channel with pro-106 is 98
Yes i can hear the control channel motor boat with pro-96 but doesn't trunk system

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Stop the scanner on a Control Channel using the Manual button, then hit "pgm" program button and then TRUNK. If it's a 3600 baud system? hit function #3, normal* and enter. IF it's 9600 baud Control channel, hit "func"#4 and select Normal system-Enter* The Bank has to be trunk enabled in that manner showing either a Mo for Motorola, Edacs, you change that with the "mode" button while in that trunked area *pgm-trunk* Try scanning after that. The correct baud rate has to be set IN that banks "trunk" settings.

jamesa53

Yeah use MOT as the Rx type since it's a P25 system

OP has good signal if the 106 decode percent is 98, 96 should receive fine

At least in Win96 it doesn't matter what the CC baud rate is, 3600 and 9600 should both be set to normal trunking tables for this system since it's P25

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.