Pro 96 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xline8

Here's an easy one I just cannot figure out... How can I go directly to a group ID manually. I am listening to Columbus Fire in Ohio which is a Motorola type 2 trunked system. They dispatch and tell units to go to a specific tac chaneel (ex: batallion 1 fire ground). How can I manually go to this channel without having to scan until it comes on and hitting pause? Thanks!

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
When you are in manual mode, press FUNC + TRUNK to access the ID bank. Press the arrow keys until the desired talkgroup appears, then press FUNC + TRUNK again, and it will hold on the ID for you.

I am from the Columbus area as well, and this is a great feature when they go to the fireground channels. I owned a PRO-93 in the past, which wouldn't let you do this, and it was a pain in the ass hitting "scan" until the channel came up. :)

xline8

That for the advice... I tried this and it just starts scanning again when I hit func-trunk the second time. Do I have something wrong with the way it is configured?

W5JSS said:
MAN
FUNC
TRUNK
/\ or \/ to find the ID you want
FUNC
TRUNK

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
xline8 said:
That for the advice... I tried this and it just starts scanning again when I hit func-trunk the second time. Do I have something wrong with the way it is configured?

That happens to me sometimes, I think it is a glitch. Just repeat the process, and it should work. :)

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
xline8 said:

W5JSS said:
MAN
FUNC
TRUNK
/\ or \/ to find the ID you want
FUNC
TRUNK

Try this:
MAN
PGM
TRUNK

Then use the up/down arrows to scroll to the ID you want.

Then:
FUNC
TRUNK

You should now be holding (and monitoring) on the ID you want

xline8

Ken,

That did it! Thanks so much. I have been trying to figure this out for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.