Pro 96 Reading P25 ii Rebroadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne0564

Hello,

I have a pro 96 scanner, southwest Ohio area. can anyone tell me if it can read P25ii if its rebroadcast in the 800 range. I have tried to program, but won't seem to read, Heard it would work, but no luck for me.

Suggestions?

N8IAA

Hello,

I have a pro 96 scanner, southwest Ohio area. can anyone tell me if it can read P25ii if its rebroadcast in the 800 range. I have tried to program, but won't seem to read, Heard it would work, but no luck for me.

Suggestions?

First, what is P25ii?
Second, what system are you trying to hear that is being rebroadcasted?
Larry

fredva

Feed Provider
Is this MARCS that you are trying to listen to? Or a local system? I'm not an expert on MARCS, but I think that while the newer MARCS-IP system is P25 Phase 2 capable, the last I remember seeing in the Ohio forum, only P25 Phase 1 was actually being used. So I doubt that Phase 2 is the obstacle here.

When you programmed in those 800 frequencies, did you program them in as conventional frequencies, or as trunking system control channel frequencies? To do what I think you're trying to do, I think you need to program them in as conventional digital frequencies, not as a Motorola trunking system. MARCS-IP is a trunking system based on 700 Mhz control channels, and your scanner doesn't handle 700 Mhz channels, so some adjustments/compromises in programming have to be made.

dwayne0564

It is MARCS system, that is broadcast on the 800 Mhz, and I programed as trunking system control channel . It works doing that with my uniden 396t .

fredva

Feed Provider
Ok. It might be better to move this thread to the Ohio forum, since the question is about MARCS and there are some unique characteristics about MARCS that Ohio members are knowledgeable about.

Status
Not open for further replies.