pro 96 scanner help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtpcdoctor

Premium Subscriber
I just bought pro 96 off ebay and it has another state on it
it didn't come with a manual so I tried to do a scan only show other state on it
how do I clear it start fresh . I seen a program called win96 I don't know how sue it. I don't have
the cable for it. should I still be able to scan without it ? and how to ? thanks

mtpcdoctor

Premium Subscriber
also it show locked out when I hit scan
I went to radio shack page and told me how to unlock it.

not working. say. press func key then l/out key then press 6 key
I didn't do anything. any advice ? ty

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I see they gave you the Pro96 manual link. It's funny you mention Win96, as they DO have the link for the Original V-Folders. I've used it myself when I first had the Pro96. Assuming you have a usb cable like the 20-047 from RS, it shouldn't be a problem. Factory V-scanners link off starrsoft's site.
PRO-96 Software - Win96 - Data Management Software for the RadioShack PRO-96 and PRO-2096 Digital Trunking Scanners

AND pushing "Program-function-Program" shows you the menu to Load or save TO a specific Bank. You could say you want to SAVE what you have in Bank 1. by pressing the #buttons 0-9 in here shows different STATES of the original V-scanner set up.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtpcdoctor

Premium Subscriber
thank you for info. I tried to program to push in codes and clear the data on it. not working
and now I wished I didn't buy it. thank you.

mtpcdoctor

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscription ?
I went to radio shack bought cable with cd. I installed the driver then plug it to scanner pro 96
I am new to this. I used to have older scanner was easy to program .
so I see I have to pay a $15 or $ 30 one so if I take 15 one how does that work ?
is their a step by step . do I use the radio ref to install my pro 96 ?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Pro 96

The original V scanner lists are so old that very little of the data, if any, is still valid. This goes for the Pro 106 and the GRE equivalents too. The lists I have seen are all the original from the year the scanner was introduced, long before rebanding.

lukaradio

Premium Subscription ?
I went to radio shack bought cable with cd. I installed the driver then plug it to scanner pro 96
I am new to this. I used to have older scanner was easy to program .
so I see I have to pay a $15 or $ 30 one so if I take 15 one how does that work ?
is their a step by step . do I use the radio ref to install my pro 96 ?

Can you provide a link or product number for the cable you bought?

mtpcdoctor

Premium Subscriber
when I click upload to scanner the port is empty I tried both ways scanner plug
in and not plug in. so I am stuck at this point what to do. maybe cause I don't
have my key yet ? on arc 300 page on tab on top say scanner. I click on it to
upload to scanner

Michael-SATX

WIN96 has a 30-Day free trial period so you don't have to worry about a license key for a month.
If you became an RR Premium Member ($15) then you are in luck and now you have the ability
to import your counties scanner frequencies and trunking systems from RR into the WIN96 program.
Finally, you can then write your load file to your Pro-96. Trust me if your like most you'll want to tweek it
until you are content and have things organized and grouped the way you like by say your type of traffic.
Example: Bank#0=Fire Depts, Bank#1=Sheriff, Bank#2=City FD, Bank#3=City PD, Bank#4=Ham, etc.
Just think of your scanner like a hunk of clay, waiting for you to sculpt and mold it into a tool or toy
to fit YOUR needs ! What you design today may not be how you later end up crafting your layout tomorrow
The nice thing is you make your own, I like to divide my banks by categories so I can enable or disable
any of my 10 banks of 50 channels on my Pro-96 all depending on my listenning mood at that time, etc.

Lastly, don't forget after slaving away and maybe massaging your alpha tags if you so please to do so ...
Don't forget to backup your working load in WIN96 (File\SaveAs\ "Example.p96").

Have fun with that GREat scanner :) (ha Of course you might want to tell us in your next post
what your location is so an ol' "Pro" can take a lQQk and see if a Pro-96 is even a good fit for your area
and is even capable of monitoring the type of system that is used in your county ? Be ashame if not :(

oldgold31

cable

looking for a cable to program pro96 it appears if it can be found it is pricey my brother cannot find his and is needing to update his pro96

Status
Not open for further replies.