Pro 96 Scanning Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrelli

Can Someone Help, Why When My Pro 96 Is Scanning It Will Stop On A Bank # And Blink Black For A Second Or Two Then Continue With Scanning.thanks Bret

kc9kfj

Are there any frequencies in that bank?The scanner will not stop scanning unless there are progammed channels or an active frequency.The blinking over the bank # just means that bank is being scanned.

scott970

I have programmed a Pro 96 to track a Motorola Smartnet 800 mhz digital system. The scanner will track all the frequencies with the exception of one, 851.3250. The channel in question does not serve as a control channel, only voice. When the scanner should be receiving voice transmissions on this frequency, it displays 862.3125 as the VC even though this frequency is not programmed. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and was it related to rebanding issues?

scott970

I am programming the public safety system in Albertville. Rebanding was completed last week.

N8IAA

scott970 said:
I have programmed a Pro 96 to track a Motorola Smartnet 800 mhz digital system. The scanner will track all the frequencies with the exception of one, 851.3250. The channel in question does not serve as a control channel, only voice. When the scanner should be receiving voice transmissions on this frequency, it displays 862.3125 as the VC even though this frequency is not programmed. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and was it related to rebanding issues?

Only program the Contol Channels. When a Voice Channel comes up, a TG should be assocciated with it. If you have all the channels programmed in, lock out those that are not CC's. It should take care of your problem.
Larry

scott970

I have tried only programming the control channels. Four of the five on the system rotate as control channels. The problem still seems to be the 851 channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.