Pro 96/Stars Talkgroup Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdj47

I don’t know whether my scanner is dying or STARS has an issue. I have a Pro96 which is programmed with WIN96, listen to the Richmond tower and have my Bank set to closed, and neither talkgroup 2306 nor 107 are programmed. Occasionally one or the other of these talkgroups will get picked up by the scanner. It tends to happen more in the morning. 2306 has Corrections transmissions from SWVA. 107 is encrypted. The scanner displays the talkgroups as though I had this bank set to open. I have reloaded my p96 file, reset the scanner and reloaded the file, and added these two talkgroups to the talkgroup list and checked the lockout box. Nothing seems to stop them from being picked up. It’s not an everyday problem. Sometimes they don’t come up for a week or two and then all of a sudden I’ll pick up one or the other for an hour or two and then they will disappear. Anyone have any ideas?

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Don't know if this applies to you but it sure sounds like you have TG WCs enabled for STARS. If it is possible you might want to check that.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I don't have any real advice because I am not real familiar with the Pro-96. It does sound like a programming issue to me, as well. However, my PSR-500 will ‎occasionally "lose" Appomattox 2 on STARS and I will not have any idea until I get a wild card hit on TG 35. I can't figure this issue out, either.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
He's referring to "wildcard". It is in the later GRE scanners and is the same as having the bank "open" in the Pro95/96's. It will monitor every TG on the TRS..

gdj47

I have a Pro106 and am familiar with wildcard on that scanner. I just reviewed my file again looking for errors. It is checked to be a closed bank and the scanner displays that it is closed. The only thing I could find is that in the section where the talkgroups are listed the unused sections display 0000 as the talkgroup and the first one had lockout checked. I don't know if that could confuse the scanner so I removed the lockout and will reload the file.

gdj47

I think it has to be something haywire in my scanner. Last evening tg107 started coming through. I also have a Pro106. I turned it on and it did not pick up tg 107. I still don't understand why it doesn't it ignores all of the other TGs I don't have programmed, but these two TG's periodically come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.