Pro 96 stuck on one control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydogrusty

I've experimented with the 2nd sticky at the top of the Radio Shack forum, I have one bank with just the 32 control channels for the system programmed in along with the talk groups I monitor, when around 17 cc's are probably used. But with this set up the problem is my 96 sticks to one cc in this mode. In another bank I tried the bogus frequency inbetween the cc's along with the talk groups I monitor and that let's me get more cc's on the system, which is great. On any given night I can recieve 5 to 13 cc's in this set up with out it sticking to one cc. I've chatted with guys that live anywhere from 20 to 30 miles away with the 2096 and 96 and they seem to get along fine with just the 32 cc set up for this system. I've taken out the manual delay to see if that would help for the first set up and it still sticks to one cc. I've adjusted the squelch and it still sticks to one cc, I put on the attenuator and still stuck to one cc for the first set up. I drove 1 to 4 hours away and the first set up and it still sticks to the strongest cc available in whatever area I drove. It will change cc to the strongest or next programmed one but only stay on that channel until it's too weak by driving away. I have latest firmware upgrade but have the 1.1 CPU, but at a loss of why it will stick to one cc in the first set up without the bogus freqs and not monitor the weaker cc's? Where I live I receive at least 3 cc's with a 99% decode rate and a few in the high 80's and 70's. It's working good the in the second set up but scanning the cc's at a slower rate, any ideas on why it's not scanning more cc's in the first set up? Here is the TMR system I am scanning:

System Type: Motorola Type II ASTRO SmartZone OmniLink

Modes used: Analog, P25 Digital CAI, DES-XL Encryption

Control Channel Data Rate: 3600 BPS (Bits Per Second)

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
For the bank with just the CC's - it will ONLY stick on the strongest one.

You HAVE to use the trick of putting a conventional freq in between CC's.

mydogrusty

Yeah that's what I did in another bank, the bogus frequency inbetween, with a little slower scan rate. Just wondering if it's just my Pro 96 that does this or is this how it's suppose to work with programming just cc's in one bank on all Pro 96's. I just didn't understand how owners of 2096's and 96's I chatted to online that live near me were able to monitor strong and weak cc's near my neck of the woods on the same system with no bogus freqs and just cc's, unless I mis-understood them or vice/versa. With just cc's programmed in hitting manual and the up or down button to the next active cc and then scan will make it scan that active cc but that's it until I move it manually to another cc. Later on I am thinking of getting the GRE PSR-500 and am I going to be running into this problem again with cc's only in one bank?

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
PSR500 has a completely different setup, so no need to tweak.

The Pro96 will NOT autoscan all CC's without the conventional frequency trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.