Pro-96 talkgroup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choffa

I just bought the Radio Shack Pro-96 scanner yesterday and it works great, I downloaded Win96 and hooked up the serial cable and got it all programmed up, HOWEVER the main reason I bought it was to listen to our Local PD... and their talkgroups I have programmed in the radio however, on the Primary Control Channel which is channel 000 for me other talkgroups pick up on that channel other than the ones I have programmed in it, is there a way I can change it to where only the talkgroups I have programmed in it are the ones it will receieve?

Thanks,
Chip

jehm1212

You beat me there by a minute. By the time I posted, you were alredy there.

Right now you are operating in "open mode," indicated by the + sign below the bank number. You want to operate in "closed mode." Press [FUNC][5].

LarrySC

A TIP: You can PGM a bank with controller and lock out ALL the regular talk groups maybe except one that you dont mind listening to. Run in open mode. Now you can catch any and all new ID's that pop up on the system. Good Luck.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
LarrySC said:
A TIP: You can PGM a bank with controller and lock out ALL the regular talk groups maybe except one that you dont mind listening to. Run in open mode. Now you can catch any and all new ID's that pop up on the system. Good Luck.
Another option is to put the ones you know, but don't want to hear most of time in Disabled Sub-Banks, this also will keep them quite (both in Open & Closed modes.)

Status
Not open for further replies.