• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Pro-96 to a car stereo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Is it possible to hook a Radio Shack Pro-96 digital scanner uo to your car stereo for audio?

Well, I have my XM radio going to an AUX INPUT on the back of my Kenwood. So if you have an Aux input all you would need is a cord to plug into the headphone jack and your aux input. I believe this has been brought up in other threads. Use the search on the forum main page.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I just use for my truck(has a cassette player in it) a cassette adapter for my cd player that hooks up to the headphone port of either my Pro 2096 or Pro 106 and I hear it LOUD.

adamrose

I have my pro 106 plugged in the same way with a cassette adapter and it really works well.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
My car stereo has an Aux input in the front and rear.

I just got a mono patch cable from Rat Shack and made all of the appropriate connections.

Haley

Both the Hondas we own (2003 and 2008) Element and CRV have AUX. inputs on the stereo. Just get a 1/8 inch patch cable ,plug into the headphone jack ,and then into the AUX. jack. if you have that type of setup. Works really good. Make sure you adjust the volume on the scanner, then you can use the stereo volume as your master. I have used my 246t,346xt, and my Pro96 this way. Mike

codyayrton

I have a Pioneer stereo with an AUX jack in the back. I ordered an iPod adapter from Crutchfield online and it turned out to have three different jacks including one that plugs into any headphone jack. Now my scanner is coming through the vehicle speakers. It works great. My wife and I have used FM transmitters in the past and they don't work well when travelling because you have to find a frequency that is not used in any of the places we drive. The cassette adapter is better, but not as good as using an AUX jack on your car stereo. I recommend using the AUX.

Status
Not open for further replies.