Pro-96 Up and Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

kl1lt

Finnaly. I recieved my cable from GRE and have loaded all the ALMR stuff into the scanner. It is working great. Is North Pole still being dispatched by Fairbanks? I will try and figure out the Eielson talk groups marked flightline. During the brief time I have been listening it sounds like 29082 is "POL" delivering fuel to aircraft, and 29058 is MWR, they are located at the ski hill now.

AlaskaRadar

Yes, North Pole is being dispatched by Fairbanks Dispatch. Rumor has it that the remaining local area fire dept.s are moving to ALMR soon. As for the talk groups, RR has a well maintained database on our ALMR system. I have a PRO-2096 and It monitors the system quite well. I have noticed that FPD sometimes only uses ALMR and will not broadcast their traffic on conventional Analog very often. Trust you will enjoy your new radio. PS Make sure you have Fairbanks DOT loaded... It was nice last winter to know where the gravel was at... not to mention the snow plows.

Radar, KL0RN

kl1lt

Thanks Radar, I was planning on putting the DOT in there just to see what they were doing.

From the RR database I narrowed these down a bit:

29065 (Fox?) - 18th Aircraft Maintenance Unit (F-16's)
29066 (Thunder?) - 355th Aircraft Maintenance Unit (A-10's)

I think I know what some others are but I am not certain yet. Will post when I am certain, unless nobody cares about any of these "flightline" ones.

Heard these this morning, but could'nt make out what they were.

AlaskaRadar

Maybe it is time to set up my PC to record TG's. Most traffic seems to happen while I am at work :( By the way, Where are you monitoring from. I have only been out of NP once with my 2096 and began noticing Fairbanks traffic around birch lake (If i remember correctly.) I am mostly curious to see how far they have some TG linked. Thanks
Radar

kl1lt

I am on Eielson. I have not been off base since I have programmed the radio so I have not been able to tell how far away I can go.

kl1lt

11867 - sounds like it might be out of anchorage. 1 caller "just arrived Anchorage jail" another was a traffic stop on "Boniface"

AlaskaRadar

On my way home form work, I noticed AST Detectives are useing ALMR. Had to lock out the TG for they were useing encryption.. Quite annoying while you are driving. Looks like Fairbanks is slowly coming up to speed.
Radar

kikito

Premium Subscriber
kl1lt said:
I think I know what some others are but I am not certain yet. Will post when I am certain, unless nobody cares about any of these "flightline" ones.

By all means, post what you know and what you can confirm. That's the only way the database got to where it is today. I've contributed "quite a bit" for a while now.....

kikito

Premium Subscriber
kl1lt said:
11867 - sounds like it might be out of anchorage. 1 caller "just arrived Anchorage jail" another was a traffic stop on "Boniface"

Yep, it seems to be "patched" with talkgroup 11861 and it has had traffic from the Mat-Su Valley (Wasilla, Palmer, etc.) to Glennallen, Parks Hiway, etc. In other words, mostly "South Zone" traffic.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
AlaskaRadar said:
Maybe it is time to set up my PC to record TG's. Most traffic seems to happen while I am at work :( By the way, Where are you monitoring from. I have only been out of NP once with my 2096 and began noticing Fairbanks traffic around birch lake (If i remember correctly.) I am mostly curious to see how far they have some TG linked. Thanks
Radar

It basically has to do with what units/radios are associated with what site/talkgroup. Sometimes you can hear Valdez PD and such all the way up here in Fairbanks because somebody up here on a local site "affiliated" to their talkgroups or an officer from down there happens to be up here for some reason.

kl1lt

MWR - they are the people who are renting boats, fishing gear, travel trailers, etc. They have spots in Valdez and Seward.

29075 - 354th Maintenance Squadron (this is where I work)
29073 - 354th Maintenance Squadron - ammo

29145 - I think these might be the KC-135's from the gaurd. I have never heard this kind of stuff working on fighters.

29855 - calling range control
29857 - calling range control

kl1lt

29090 - Hospital, Bio-Envioronmental Eielson

17144 - ? trying to locate vehicles for alert crews. Eielson

29168 - ? replaceing antennas and working on gps

Does anyone know what freq the civilian gate guards on Eielson are using? The company name is UsProtect and I can't find anything in FCC.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
kl1lt said:
Does anyone know what freq the civilian gate guards on Eielson are using? The company name is UsProtect and I can't find anything in FCC.
By any chance, could they be using the old SP analog freqs.?:

kl1lt

Originally Posted by kikito
By any chance, could they be using the old SP analog freqs.?:

I don't think so. I never deleted these from my scanner when the Eielson switched over to ALMR, and I never heard anything from them.

PS. I can't do the quote thing yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.