Pro-96 Uploading/Downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

barlage

Premium Subscriber
Ok, sorry for my "newness" and ignorance, you may have to spell this out for me. First, when I bought this, I turned on the preprogrammed freqs. I want to get rid of these, so I have all blank banks to transfere freqs myself from the computer. "V-scanner #9-OH"

Next, when I try to download or upload, I get this error: "Expected to read back the data we just wrote-This failed Ensure the correct COM port is selected, a supported cable is attached to the COM port and the scanner, and the scanner is turned on." What am I doing wrong???

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Highpockets

barlage said:
Ok, sorry for my "newness" and ignorance, you may have to spell this out for me. First, when I bought this, I turned on the preprogrammed freqs. I want to get rid of these, so I have all blank banks to transfere freqs myself from the computer. "V-scanner #9-OH"

Next, when I try to download or upload, I get this error: "Expected to read back the data we just wrote-This failed Ensure the correct COM port is selected, a supported cable is attached to the COM port and the scanner, and the scanner is turned on." What am I doing wrong???

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Go into the device manager and see what com port is assigned to that device, make sure it's set the same in the software, then try it again.

BaLa

What cable are you using?

If you have the serial cable be sure to select the right Com Port on Win 96.
Usually Com1 or Com2 (most likely 1).

For the USB Cables also be sure you have the right drivers installed.

If you have the USB Cable same thing, except the numbers go a little higher.
OR if you have a USB-Serial Converter be sure you have the right one selected also.

barlage

Premium Subscriber
OK, I used your help and then found another related thread, all very helpful. I think I got this working and got the hang of it. Everyone's right, this is simple with the right stuff, even for me. Thanks.

KB9NLL

New London (Outagamie Co. WI) & Readfield (waupa
You got the help already but a few things maybe for others? the default is com 1, my particular computer it's com 4, plugged it in one of the back usb ports. Also can't seem to get the upload or download to work so I always go to the virtual scanner and either read or write the V-files.

Status
Not open for further replies.