Pro-96 Will Not Initalize

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerVegas

I have a Pro-96 scanner. When I tried to use it the other day, it was in scan mode and no matter what you did, it would not come out of scan mode. The backlight would not work either. I tried to reset the scanner, but the problem continued. I then tried to initialize it, but following the instructions to do that had no effect either. When you pressed "0" at the welcome screen, it had no effect. Could the keypad have gone out or does anyone have any other suggestions?

SCPD

QRT
pro96 initalize problem

scannervegas you might not believe how i got it to work.radio shack tech told me that that they ran it for 8-10 hrs and it did not fail after other repairs ( volumn control) it was sent back when a ham operator who has one was cloning in my v files kepy saying he never heard of that problem, it locked up again so he said when it gets running maybe it heats up some part well i said it gets hot ill cool it down and i put into the refrige for awhile and when it came out we got it work.... and it s still working believe it or not thats the real story, good luck

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Will have to check my Pro-96 when I get home but sounds like the scanner is in the KEY LOCK mode. Press and release the "FUNC" key then press the LAMP/LOCK key. If scanner displays UNLOCKED on the bottom line than scanner was locked.

DonS

KC5EIB said:
Will have to check my Pro-96 when I get home but sounds like the scanner is in the KEY LOCK mode. Press and release the "FUNC" key then press the LAMP/LOCK key. If scanner displays UNLOCKED on the bottom line than scanner was locked.
On my PRO-96, the "Key Lock" function does not survive a power cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.