PRO 96 / Win 96 Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rqueen2229

I am new to scanning but am ready to put my Pro 96 and Win 96 program through the wall. I downloaded the win 96 and have it configured but am not able to upload from the scanner to win 96 nor download from win 96 to the scanner. I thought it was the radio shack serial to usb cable so I ordered the one from GRE that they stated was exclusively for the Pro 96 and same results. Can some one email me a dummy course on how to properly make this work. I thought maybe it was my computer so I attempted to do it from my lap top as well and same results. Am beyond the point of frustration....argh!!!
Thanks for your help in advance..... r.queen@insightbb.com

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
ok clam down you have bought a great scanner and made a very good move by getting win 96 so are you trying to to a web import thing ? and what system are trying to program in your scanner.

rqueen2229

I have tried to upload the frequencies I have manually programmed into the scanner to the win 96 program and failed, so then I manually entered all the frequencies I want into win 96 then tried to download them to the scanner and failed again...heehee I am sure it is user error but I have been messing with this for 2 nights 4 hours at a time and am right where I started.....blank

gbflex

Make sure your com port that is being used is not running anything else like Hot Synk manager for PDA'S. Then make sure you tell the Win96 what com port you are using. If you disable Hot synk manager then you will need to reboot. I had the same issue.

davidd2957

To better help you, let us know what area (state/county) you want to program. I see you
are a subscriber to RR.com so you should have things running smoothly in no time.
David D.

rqueen2229

Thanks for all the help. I finally got it to work on my lap top (Palm Hot Sync was the issue there) but must have an issue with my desk top because I have tried everything but am getting a serial / usb conflict so oh well..I will just use my lap top. Thanks for the quick responses!!!!

VintageJon

Glad you got it to work.

Ain't Win96 the stuff though? Love it, worth everypenny and more...

Jon

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
rqueen2229 said:
but must have an issue with my desk top because I have tried everything but am getting a serial / usb conflict
With the GRE Driver CD inserted, Open the Device Manager in the Control Panel. Plug in cable (PC only) and look for any yellow explanation point conflicts (see attached). Right click on the conflict and select Update Driver. Click through the process. Note the location of the USB Serial Port. In my case - Com9.

Last edited:

RStip

Help w/ win 96

I am really new to this and i cant do anything first when i connect my pro 96 with my pc it says clone mode and i know its not suppose to say that. Thats for when you connect two scanners together. I dont know how at all to work win96. If someone could help that would be great ive spent way to much time on this thing.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
RStip said:
I am really new to this and i cant do anything first when i connect my pro 96 with my pc it says clone mode and i know its not suppose to say that.

Yes it should be saying that.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
RStip said:
I am really new to this and i cant do anything first when i connect my pro 96 with my pc it says clone mode and i know its not suppose to say that. Thats for when you connect two scanners together. I dont know how at all to work win96. If someone could help that would be great ive spent way to much time on this thing.
Use the software menus. Select comport under Configuration, then upload to scanner.

Last edited:

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Last edited:

jal3866

Re: New key code for Win96

Good luck on getting for a new one. The email address to write is win96@starrsoft.com. I lost mine in a hard drive crash about 1 1/2 years ago. I just wrote for the third time asking for a replacement. I even copied the PayPal receipt into the email and have received no response. Reckon he wants us to anti up another $30 to buy the program again. Not a good business practice, since word of mouth probably gets him a lot of new business....Jerry

i need a new key code for win 96 can some one help me

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Good luck on getting for a new one. The email address to write is win96@starrsoft.com. I lost mine in a hard drive crash about 1 1/2 years ago. I just wrote for the third time asking for a replacement. I even copied the PayPal receipt into the email and have received no response. Reckon he wants us to anti up another $30 to buy the program again. Not a good business practice, since word of mouth probably gets him a lot of new business....Jerry
Doesn't your email have a print feature?:roll:

Flair

Help with Programming Win96/PRO96:

Hi, last night I downloaded the "Win96" for my PRO96 scanner and when I attempted to download directly from the Radio Reference site I was asked to select either Conventional or Trunked- what it the difference?

I selected trunked and when I clicked onthe download it read that I have selected 435 downloads and the first 150 would be selected? I didnt select anything becuase I thought the "PRO96" was capable of 5500 channels.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Hi, last night I downloaded the "Win96" for my PRO96 scanner and when I attempted to download directly from the Radio Reference site I was asked to select either Conventional or Trunked- what it the difference?
Conventional is conventional frequencies - either FM, AM or APCO25. Trunked is for trunking systems, either EDACS, Motorola or P25

I selected trunked and when I clicked onthe download it read that I have selected 435 downloads and the first 150 would be selected? I didnt select anything becuase I thought the "PRO96" was capable of 5500 channels
What you selected was 435 talkgroup ID's for the bank. Each bank only holds 150 TGID's in 5 sub-banks of 30 each. However, had you followed through, the import would have selected the first 150 in listing for import. Try again, and select 150 of those you wish to scan.

Remember also, if the system you are importing is Motorola or P25, you can select Control Channel (CC) only for the frequencies. EDACS Require all channels in the site LCN and can only have one site per scanner bank.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT

I selected trunked and when I clicked onthe download it read that I have selected 435 downloads and the first 150 would be selected? I didnt select anything becuase I thought the "PRO96" was capable of 5500 channels.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I suggest you spend more time redaing the Manual :)

Status
Not open for further replies.