Pro-96/WIN96 State of SD ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Looking for a little help. I ued to live in Sioux Falls in the late 90s, and loved it! Due to a job change , my wife and I moved back to central Iowa, but still visit SF. Ok the ?s. I have downloaded the trial version of WIN96 (it is GREAT by the way), and plan on purchasing it soon------do I need to program all the sites listed, or just the control channels? And I have always wondered , since the SD state system is VHF-DIGITAL, can skip occur? Thanks for any help, Mike

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
In addition there are files in the "Files" section of the ScanSD yahoo group for the Pro-96 (including one, which I am sure is outdated, from me when I was living there.)

In answer to your other questions, you only need the CCh's and alts (that is all the Pro-96 uses anyway on Moto TRS') but you must get the band plan in the "Multi Table" setup in Win96 for the radio to work on the system. As for the "skip" thing, I am sure skip can happen, but since it is a trunking system and the real radios only affiliate with the system they are programmed to affiliate with, you won't hear any "skip" since a foreign radio will ignore the CCh of the SD system when it hears it.

Haley

Ok guys, thanks for the replies and offers. I think I have it programmed the way I need it now. Thanks for clearing up the skip and control channel questions also ---much easier to enter JUST the control channels! Thanks again, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.